• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Boston Marathon attack

Canuck posted: Guns are illegal here except for the police but the criminals don't seem to have any trouble getting them and even if the police use them there is a whole procedure they have to undergo regarding discharging of their weapon to see if it was absolutely necessary. Sometimes it seems as though the criminals get treated better than those trying to uphold the law

That's an impression held by law abiding people the world over.

Bob that's the impression I have been under as well, is it not so?

Bob that's the impression I have been under as well, is it not so?
Well... I'm assuming you're a law abiding person but as you appear to be defining yourself under another category so be it. So that'll be law abiding people and pontalba the bankrobber.

Well... I'm assuming you're a law abiding person but as you appear to be defining yourself under another category so be it. So that'll be law abiding people and pontalba the bankrobber.
Ha ha.
Didn't think it was necessary to define myself as a law abiding citizen.
If I want to buy a gun I have to go to a legitimate dealer, be checked out by the seller, and register a weapon.
A robber, as far as I can tell is under no such restrictions. So, their weapon is essentially untraceable.
My question was, is that not correct.
But, since sarcasm is your weapon of choice, don't bother. :)

I think misrepresenting people or otherwise slandering them is intolerable in any forum, whether it be in jest, or sarcasm, or misguided humor or whatever. The slanderous printed word can be believed by people not sensitive to the nuances of meaning and the misimpression can never be straightened out. Rumors fly on the wind, the truth plods slowly behind.

I STRONGLY request moderator intervention and deletion of the offending posts.

They are a plague in violation of any standards of conduct on any forum, even this one.

If you can't play nice then don't play at all.. don't want to have to close the thread down and start deleting posts.

Back