• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cancelled TV Shows

I miss the Morton Downey Jr show. The chain-smoking host turning purple with veins sticking out yelling at feminists or neo-nazis, classic entertainment. :cool: Now I'm feeling a bit agitated, it's amazing what you people do to me sometimes. :mad: :D

They have cancelled the last episode of Donavan tonight and replaced it with yet another repeat of Midsomer Murders :mad: Not impressed. :mad:

The education of max bickford. it was a drama that Richard Dreyfuss starred in for one season in...99, 2000? it was wonderful and I miss it.

Dark Angel and Futurama. We never did find out all the secrets behind Dark Angel :(

And kinda along the same lines, I was upset when Rickey Gervais (sp?) only made two seasons of The Office. I /loved/ that show - I have the dvds but I would rather be watching new episodes :(

Bookworm88 said:
I remember the show The Pretender ended with a cliffhanger one season and then it never came back.
Really pissed me off too. Loved the pretender.
Zolipara said:
Farscape and Dark angel. Though they did make a mini-series to finish farscape at least.
Watching Farscape now on DVD. Read a quote from Gigi Edgley (an Aussie actress) saying that some Farscape conventions in the USA attract 30,000+ attendees. WOW

Carlos said:
Watching Farscape now on DVD. Read a quote from Gigi Edgley (an Aussie actress) saying that some Farscape conventions in the USA attract 30,000+ attendees. WOW

Its nothing compared to the number of Star Trek conventions. If you are interested in the sci-fi convention geeks i can recommend the documentary "Trekkies" about Star Trek fans. Its hilarious.

I wish Futurama would come back to Fox with new episodes. It's funny...I never got into the show until they stopped making it and played the reruns on Cartoon Network. Now I love it! Bring back Futurama! Bring back Futurama! Bring back Futurama! :p

I would LOVE to get the Farscape DVDs, but they only have the boxsets out as Special Editions that cost £90 a season. Now even I'm not gonna pay that amount of money, no matter how good the show was :(

Phil

Am I the only big ol sissy who got emotional (okay, I cried, alright!) over the last episode of F*R*I*E*N*D*S ?

Cheers?

Family Ties?

(I really am a sensitive puke)

My favorite show that was taken off the tube was Northern Exposure. It started its decline when "whats-his-name" - the doctor, decided to go on to bigger and better things.

It is difficult when a show that you enjoy very much goes of the air. I still miss watching Northern Exposure and all the characters that were in the show, especially Janine Turner.

The Practise - Im currently watching seasons 1 - 7 daily on itv3 (season 8 has been picked up by another irish channel but is shown at 340am every week!)

2 stupid dogs - I miss this with all my heart

Futurama - it had everything! great characters,wonderful animation,comedy that did not continously fall into the family guy idea of having a loose plot and cut away comic jokes plus it was uber nerdy,yay for c!

leckert said:
Am I the only big ol sissy who got emotional (okay, I cried, alright!) over the last episode of F*R*I*E*N*D*S ?

Cheers?

Family Ties?

(I really am a sensitive puke)

I'd use worse words you but hey! :D

I was annoyed space above and beyond back in the day was cancelled,i thought the idea dn execution was excellent

I'm not sure why they cancelled The Comeback! I might be biased since i'm a Lisa Kudrow fan - but it was a different unique show that i really enjoyed. oh well - i'm looking forward to seeing what she is in next.

Back