• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cancelled TV Shows

geneviv

Have you ever had one of your favorite television programs stolen away from you?

I'm a big fan of Dead Like Me and I only recently found out it had been cancelled when I was waiting for the third season to begin. Apparently it was cancelled last October. I'm really disapointed.

So I was wondering about other peoples experience with this. What show did you love that met with an untimely end?

Yes! Happens all the time. There was a really quirky show called Wonderfalls that I really liked, but it got cancled after about 7 eps.

Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls had the same creator! It's this guy called Bryan Fuller. He must be good.

I loved DLM because each episode left a little bit of an impression on me. Kind of like when you see a really great film anf feel different leaving the theater than how you felt when you went in. I never saw Wonderfalls but I heard it was really good.

I guess TV is only meant for advertising and mindless entertainment.

All the stuff I like seems to get cancelled - American Gothic, Angel, Dark Angel and Futurama spring to mind. :(

Earliest I can remember was Doctor Who but, after a 16 year hiatus, it was relaunched this year.

I'm a bit pissed off I can't get the second series of Twin Peaks.

geneviv said:
I'm a big fan of Dead Like Me and I only recently found out it had been cancelled when I was waiting for the third season to begin. Apparently it was cancelled last October. I'm really disapointed.

That's crap. Everyone in my house liked that show. It's the only one we could ever agree on. I had no idea it even got cancelled. They've been showing tons of ads for it, so I assumed it would be back around the end of the Weeds first season.

I was really upset when they cancelled My So Called Life. I was 15 or so and desperately wanted to be Claire.

was really upset when they cancelled My So Called Life. I was 15 or so and desperately wanted to be Claire.

I watched that one, too. Other shows I liked that are gone Mad About You and Ally Mcbeal.

FUTURAMA! Stupid Fox wouldn't know a good show if it bit them in the ass. It was arguably one of the best television shows ever. I miss it so. Yes I do have the DVDs and do watch the syndicated reruns but I will never forgive Fox.

I was really bummed when they cancelled "Family Ties".

I am equally depressed that "Everybody Loves Raymond" won't be back.

Strangely, though, once a show has been off the air for a while, I loose interest in it. I don't like sitting through reruns of some of my once "favorite" shows. I guess we move on, as we are instructed to by the programming powers-that-be.

bastards.

TV show? No.

I was pretty unhappy when they cancelled NHL Hockey last season. Does that count?

Ronny said:
Everbody Loves Raymond is gone :( ? I liked watching that every now and then.

I only got turned on to it during the last season. "...Raymond" and "Friends" are the only shows in a LONG time, besides "The Simpsons", that have made me laugh out loud regularly.

Back