• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Candidate flaws

Which candidate has the biggest problem?

• Obama's lack of experience.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clinton's husband having already been President.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McCain's attitude towards war.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Stewart's esoteric reading tastes.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

joderu95

Assuming all of the following statement are true which is the biggest problem?

A. Obama's lack of experience.
B. Clinton's husband already having been President.
C. McCain's attitude towards war.

I hope this works.

I think with Clinton it could work either way because , some like me would think that she has the experience of how it is to be in the white house, and Bill didn't do badly.

McCain is scaring people with his views on war.

I think with Clinton it could work either way because , some like me would think that she has the experience of how it is to be in the white house, and Bill didn't do badly.

I agree. The problem I have is that she and "Slick Willy" as my grandpa likes to call him have had their 8 years already. I know she was not the President and this breaks no laws, it's just that it reinforces what I consider a poor precedent - oligarchy. Basically this problem makes anything that follows from this point forward, at least for me, illegitimate. Much like the way Bush got into office. It lacks credibility and seems undemocratic.

Stewart's esoteric reading tastes are going to be his down fall; especially when Limbaugh finds out he read Lobster.

Seriously though, I don't think Hillary's biggest shortcoming is that she's Bill's wife. I think Hillary's biggest shortcoming is that historically she has not been a uniter and if anything she has been a very polarizing divider. Look at what she's doing now. She should have dropped out by now but her <insert fitting adjective here> won't allow her to admit defeat in spite of overwhelming evidence that she cannot get the nomination and bow out with what little dignity she still has.

Personally, I don't consider Barack's lack of experience a shortcoming or a flaw. The way I look at it is he's going into the race as a fresh candidate without the bad attitude. He doesn't seem to be jaded and cynical with old politics.

Personally, I don't consider Barack's lack of experience a shortcoming or a flaw. The way I look at it is he's going into the race as a fresh candidate without the bad attitude. He doesn't seem to be jaded and cynical with old politics.

That's the way I see it. Sometimes a fresh perspective is what we need.

I think McCain's attitude to the war and the economy are quite alarming. However, he seems to be the most personable of the three candidates, and that seems to count for a lot in presidential elections. The more outgoing and apparently friendly president has won the last goodness knows how many elections, and if that continues, he's going to be hard to beat.

I wonder if an Obama with a Hillary VP is a good thing or if he should choose someone else. After all, the Dems will vote Dem (unless they have a death wish) and not running with Hillary will encourage the moderate to liberal Republicans that want change to vote for him.

I wonder if she'd take a position in Obama's cabinet after saying that she'd be happy to have him in her cabinet or as her VP.

Hillary might do pretty good as Secretary of State. That's where I see her going. I'd laugh if he made her Secretary of Defense.

Oh my, Joderu actually amde a poll and didn't screw up!:eek::eek::eek: I will say that I'm disappointed that there isn't a Stewart option though.

I would have to say McCain's attitude about war is very troublesome to me. I don't knock Hillary for having been a first lady previously. She has done some admirable work on health care and is a strong member and advocate of the military on the senate committee that deals with that kind of thing. McCain doesn't "get" diplomacy too well, something I think that is in his fly-boy nature. It's easy to bomb someone rather than to hold multi-party talks and that kind of thing. I would hate to see the war expand into Iran and given his rhetoric, he would love to play army like George does.

When Bush was first elected, he said it was miracle that he got elected when there was peace, prosperity, and progress. It appears that by the time he leaves-all three will be ruined.:mad:

Back