• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Candy-Preference Personalilty Diagnosis, from "Psychology according to Novella"

Since we're talking about imported chocolate, do any of you have an Aldi's store nearby? The company started in Germany or Switzerland, I believe. They carry these huge chocolate bars from Germany that are wonderful. And if one watches their holiday sale bins, they have tins of English chocolates and other sweets as well.

Ice said:
So if you call Mars a Milky Way, what do you call our Milky Way then?? Or don't you have it over there?

I much prefer UK chocolate to nearly everything I have tried in the States. It all seems so bland. I do love your Oreo's though :D They aren't readily available over here :(

Pathetic though it may seem, the UK Milky Way is known in the US as the Three Musketeers. :eek:

The US Snickers is the same as the UK Marathon.

We do not have anything like Cadbury Flake and the Cadbury they sell in the US is crappy.

My favorites are Asbach Brandy Beans from Germany.
AS21310_small.jpg

novella said:
Pathetic though it may seem, the UK Milky Way is known in the US as the Three Musketeers. :eek:
OMG :D

The US Snickers is the same as the UK Marathon.
Mars changed the name Marathon to Snickers back in 1990 to bring it in line with the rest of the world :(

novella said:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ok. Ok. I've felt quite out of the loop regarding this thread, so I've not posted. But this is really just too much. I really must comment. And the comment is....

Why?

:D:D

Wha...? Now I'm completely lost :( What the frig do we have in Canada? I'm sure I've seen Mars Bars... haven't I?

To clarify:
Mars(UK) = Milky Way (US)
Milky Way (UK) = Three Muskateers (US)
Here's a link about it.

novella said:
We do not have anything like Cadbury Flake and the Cadbury they sell in the US is crappy.
Oh, man! I love Cadbury Flake! But even better is Cadbury Twirl... it's the joy of a Flake without the mess. Oh, and then there's the Drumstick Flake cone.... oooooh... Less than 3 months until good chocolate for me!!
flakestrtyllw.jpeg.jpg
product_74_large.jpg

CDA said:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ok. Ok. I've felt quite out of the loop regarding this thread, so I've not posted. But this is really just too much. I really must comment. And the comment is....

Why?

:D:D

I'm not expert on such things, but I'm willing to bet a dozen Cadbury eggs they weren't trying to appeal to us literary types;) :D

abecedarian said:
I'm not expert on such things, but I'm willing to bet a dozen Cadbury eggs they weren't trying to appeal to us literary types;) :D
I dunno... chocolate appeals to me no matter what the brand on the side! :D But it remains that North American chocolate is just not up to par. Now I can put the blame on Mr Hershey, though.

Blah! Double post...

Hey, abece... when you get those Cadbury eggs pass one my way. This thread is making me yearn for chocolatey delights!

Kookamoor said:
Blah! Double post...

Hey, abece... when you get those Cadbury eggs pass one my way. This thread is making me yearn for chocolatey delights!

Yeah, me too. There's a Russel Stover's factory about 90 miles north, I wonder if I can talk my dh into going up there for a date...:) Their chocolate is way better than Hershey's. I might have to settle for a 2-mile trip up the road for a bag of Dove Milk Chocolates:D

Kookamoor said:
Oh, man! I love Cadbury Flake! But even better is Cadbury Twirl... it's the joy of a Flake without the mess.
Twirls are too hard for my liking - I like the texture of a Flake. They now produce a Flake Dipped over here - it is a Flake that has been dipped in chocolate (hence the name ;) ) to give it a slightly harder outer layer to eliminate the mess. It's lovely :D

Ice said:
Twirls are too hard for my liking - I like the texture of a Flake. They now produce a Flake Dipped over here - it is a Flake that has been dipped in chocolate (hence the name ;) ) to give it a slightly harder outer layer to eliminate the mess. It's lovely :D
But that's what a Twirl is! It's soft, supple, and that slight crush sound you hear.... ohhh. Are we getting different chocolate bar names happening again?

When I went home to Oz last December I arrived in at Sydney airport and had an hour or so to kill before my flight to Melbourne. What'd I do? I bought a meat pie with real tomato sauce and a Twirl!! *Despite* the fact that it was about 9am :D

It's sure a good thing we can't ingest calories just by talking about all this chocolate:D No sugar high here!

Kookamoor said:
But that's what a Twirl is! It's soft, supple, and that slight crush sound you hear.... ohhh. Are we getting different chocolate bar names happening again?
No - we also have Twirls over here :) The only difference is that Twirls are reasonably hard all the way through where as the Flake Dipped is still very soft in the centre - it is just held together by an extra layer of chocolate.

Kookamoor said:

When I went home to Oz last December I arrived in at Sydney airport and had an hour or so to kill before my flight to Melbourne. What'd I do? I bought a meat pie with real tomato sauce and a Twirl!! *Despite* the fact that it was about 9am :D

What's wrong with that? You had all the food groups covered! Besides, you had just come from North America, where some folks are silly enough to eat chocolate cake washed down with diet cola for breakfast..

abecedarian said:
It's sure a good thing we can't ingest calories just by talking about all this chocolate:D No sugar high here!
Ah well i'm not just talking ;) I've polished off a lovely mint selection box whilst we have been discussing the merits of the different chocolates :p

I THOUGHT I smelled mint!!!! Whoever thought up the combination of mint and chocolate deserves their very own parking space in heaven.

Sorry, all this virtual passing around of chocolates is making it unbearable. I'm off to get a tea and go hyperventilate into a paper bag to stop the cravings.

You're all EVIL!

Back