• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Candy-Preference Personalilty Diagnosis, from "Psychology according to Novella"

Yeah Doc, I need to listen in on Moto's diagnoses since I suffer a similar malady. Gotta love those Peppermint Patties.

Clara said:
Toblerone is so good. Surely there are no psychopathic tendencies in biting those mountains to bits...
Ahhh yes, Toblerone implies some heavily masochistic tendencies. In the immortal words of Billy Conolly: "Toblerone! Ye can't eat it without hurtin' yerself!"

;)

I myself am incredibly fond of toffee and I suppose I am a bit of a control freak - I confess!

However, I also have a severe weakness for Dutch Liquorice and Bassett's Traditional Winegums... what does *that* say about me?

Oh and by the way, if one had a multiple personality wouldn't each of those personalities each have their own diagnosis rather than an over-all one?

:confused:

Sorry, patients, one and all. I can't do a case by case diagnosis of all your pathologies because I got into trouble recently with my Car-Color Theory of Personality, despite the proven fact that it was 100 percent accurate.

So, in a shameless bit for self-promotion, you will all just have to buy my book "Nutcases: What Your Candy Says About You."

Here's a freebie, though: Toblerone eaters think they are liberal-minded, tolerant, international types, but deep down they enjoy wearing folk costumes for kinky encounters.:p

Ohhhh my god... I just noticed all the spelling errors in my last post and I can't go and edit them... I'm so embarrassed, how utterly horrible.

novella said:
I got into trouble recently with my Car-Color Theory of Personality, despite the proven fact that it was 100 percent accurate.

Trouble? What trouble? I want my diagnosis damn it!!!!!:mad:

This thread tells me that there is very little overlap between US candy brands and those in the UK. I've never heard of most of these...

Shade said:
This thread tells me that there is very little overlap between US candy brands and those in the UK. I've never heard of most of these...

That's 'cause we all know those of you in the UK have no taste...:p

novella said:
Here's a freebie, though: Toblerone eaters think they are liberal-minded, tolerant, international types, but deep down they enjoy wearing folk costumes for kinky encounters.:p
Ahhh... I knew there was a subconscious reason I bought that cheongsam and sari...

Well, at least I'm not a psychopath.

ds

What "gets" me is how different Cadbury's chocolate is between continents. I just love Australian Cadbury's and my mother sends it to me over here. North American Cadbury's just isn't the same. UK Cadbury comes somewhere between the 2 - not as good Australian, but streaks ahead of North American. I know it's just about what you're used to (Americans generally don't like Australian Cadbury's), but why is there a difference at all? :confused:

Shade said:

Yes, this is true. The UK is a candy-lovers paradise. The quality and quantity available are far superior, particularly the chocolate things. English chocolate makes American chocolate taste like wax.

Some things are the same. Mars (UK) = Milky Way (US), for example. It gets very complicated. When I got my Ph.D. in international candy research, I was very tempted to do my dissertation on English candy-naming strategies.

BTW, every time I bring my son to England to visit that side of the family, he comes home with a suitcase full of things like huge chocolate cars and sacks of mints.

Oh, I might as well mention why candy and chocolate assume such a place of pride in British life:

The English know there are no answers to the big questions. There is, however, candy. There is pleasure and displeasure, and candy makes the pleasure pile higher. Decent soap is also important.

Americans are still looking for the big answers, and just have candy in between bouts of looking.

So if you call Mars a Milky Way, what do you call our Milky Way then?? Or don't you have it over there?

I much prefer UK chocolate to nearly everything I have tried in the States. It all seems so bland. I do love your Oreo's though :D They aren't readily available over here :(

Back