• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Candy-Preference Personalilty Diagnosis, from "Psychology according to Novella"

Kookamoor said:
Sorry, all this virtual passing around of chocolates is making it unbearable. I'm off to get a tea and go hyperventilate into a paper bag to stop the cravings.

You're all EVIL!

:D but you keep coming back..admit it, you love us anyway!:D

abecedarian said:
:D but you keep coming back..admit it, you love us anyway!:D
And if she (Kookamoor) doesn't love us, we still love her as she is one of the bright lights on the forum. :)

Ice said:
Mars changed the name Marathon to Snickers back in 1990 to bring it in line with the rest of the world :(
I wrote to the Director General of the BBC complaining about that, but did he do anything about it? Did he bollocks.

muggle said:
And if she (Kookamoor) doesn't love us, we still love her as she is one of the bright lights on the forum. :)
Aw... thanks guys! How could I stay away? Especially now that my sugar craving has been sated by a Tim Hortons cinnamon bun?? :D

Kenny Shovel said:
I wrote to the Director General of the BBC complaining about that, but did he do anything about it? Did he bollocks.

Oh, Kenny, you're such an activist.

novella said:
Oh, Kenny, you're such an activist.
"Down with this sort of thing!"

father_ted.jpg

And we have the Cadbury's Snow Flake; a Flake dipped in white chocolate.

Then there's my favourite: Rolos. There's toffee, Irish cream, caramel & cream, and blood orange varieties. Mmmm.

I love Chocolate Oranges. It is such fun to whack them on the table to separate the slices, and they taste so yummy.

abecedarian said:
I love Chocolate Oranges. It is such fun to whack them on the table to separate the slices, and they taste so yummy.
Gakk! That's one confectionary you can talk about until the cows come home and I will not feel the slightest craving. I can't stand orange chocolate at all. I like the concept of the chocolate oranges and the way they fall apart, though. I think they should make a chocolate/caramel thing in the same shape. THEN I'd be drooling... oh, look, it's already happening.

I've noticed there's at least two other flavors of chocolate "oranges", lime and raspberry. Those two sound utterly gross and can't be of God.. I don't know why they haven't done a carmel/chocolate "orange" since it sounds wonderful. I would plunk down real money for something like that:)

We were at a wedding reception last Saturday and they had a chocolate machine where the chocolate runs down like in a fountain and you then dip things in it. They had the most beautiful strawberries for dipping and they were sooooo good. :)

muggle said:
We were at a wedding reception last Saturday and they had a chocolate machine where the chocolate runs down like in a fountain and you then dip things in it. They had the most beautiful strawberries for dipping and they were sooooo good. :)

How large are these chocolate machines? I saw a small one in an ad in today's paper and wondered how they worked. Sounds like a great idea.

abecedarian said:
How large are these chocolate machines? I saw a small one in an ad in today's paper and wondered how they worked. Sounds like a great idea.
This choc. mach. was a small one, maybe 12 to 16 inches tall. It was for a very small reception of maybe 20 people. I did not really enquire how it worked as I spent my time eating. :)

As I was doing wedding planning last summer I heard of these things too. They're awfully expensive and just the idea of a chocolate fountain made my whole family and my fiance laugh :p For some reason it seems so... extravagant and maybe ostentatious? But I never saw one, maybe that was just my imagining of it.

Stewart said:
And we have the Cadbury's Snow Flake; a Flake dipped in white chocolate.

Then there's my favourite: Rolos. There's toffee, Irish cream, caramel & cream, and blood orange varieties. Mmmm.

Yummi! Sounds like I have to cross the water to Scotland! :p :D

I know - we certainly don't have all those varieties down here :confused: (well not that I am aware of anyway).

A chocoholic writes: Yes, UK chocolate is lovely. The best stuff, it seems to be widely agreed, is Green and Black's. Don't know if you can get this in the US (actually their website says yes) but it's taken off in a big way here in the last few years and is now available in all the big supermarkets: very rich dark chocolate (they do milk chocolate too but come on), 70% cocoa solids, and it's organic, and it's Fair Trade. Indeed their Maya Gold chocolate, with orange, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla, was the world's first product to bear the Fair Trade mark in 1994.

I'm hungry.

Back