• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cat related stories

leapylees

I'm looking for novels/short stories about cats (something I've recently got into). I've read Felidae, Felidae on the Road, The Cat that came for Christmas 1 & 2, Stray, Milk Treading (and eagerly awaiting the sequel - comes out next week) and Catfantastic. I'd really like some feline reading recommendations for adults please.

In the short story collection, Strange Highways by Dean Koontz, there's a story called Kittens.

If you like mysteries, there are the mysteries by Lillian J. Braun. I've not read them myself, but they're quite popular among others.

Mile-O-Phile said:
In the short story collection, Strange Highways by Dean Koontz, there's a story called Kittens.

Knowing Dean Koontz, i wouldnt be too keen to read that if you're a cat lover :)

How about - Cat in a Hat by Dr Seuss (oooh, topical ;))

Phil

Sounds promising, though!

Hell, that should've been the title of the collaborative story!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Yeah, it certainly has potential there :D

Who is that behind the door? A man, a cat and a blender!

Regards
SillyWabbit

YES!!!

And while he finds the plug socket. Amber goes into the kitchen to get 2 cups for the resulting kitty shake :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

They drink it, start licking themselves, the end!

Well, that's a Bestseller if I ever saw one!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

It's a booker prize for us, no doubt!

pffft. Who even needs the others?

Regards
Silly ( booker prize ) Wabbit

Yes, and I find that very disturbing :eek: especially when they start singing about lederhosen and cream cheese!

Regards
SillyWabbit

If you like cats, you can try Alchemist's Cat: Book One of the Deptford Histories by Robin Jarvis. It is a good read, in my opinion.

I just read a SUPER short story in (I think) either October's or November's issue of Realms of Fantasy. It was called "The Cardinal's Cats." Paranormal fantasy (sword and sorcerer stuff), but really, really good! Told from the CATS' point of view! I would think you can probably find it on their website.

Back