• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Charlaine Harris

brookiedawn

Just a note - I searched every page before I started this thread, because I didn't want to make a duplicate. I'm surprised that Mrs. Harris doesn't have her own thread here in the Author Discussion section.

If you've not seen the Tru Blood series on HBO, or read the Sookie Stackhouse series from Mrs. Harris (which is where they got the idea for Tru Blood), I would highly recommend that you do so. She has such a knack for being funny yet sarcastic (or as Dane Cook would say, "Snarky"), and tells a riveting story that will make you not want to put down any book that she writes. She's also a Southerner, like myself, and completely nails the Southern way of life.

Currently she has four series out about completely different people, and yet writes them all simultaneously. Please look into reading them if you like whodunnits, vampires, or werewolves.

Current series by Charlaine Harris:

The Sookie Stackhouse Series (vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters)
The Aurora Teagarden Mysteries (whodunnits)
The Harper Connelly Chronicles (Harper speaks to the dead)
The Lily Bard Series (whodunnits)

Thanks for reading!

*b

I just finished reading Dead Until Dark and I loved it, I mean REALLY REALLY loved it. I enjoyed the HBO series but it was nothing compared to how much I enjoyed the book. I couldn't put it down and (for the most part) I couldn't stop smiling while I read it. I'm definitely getting the other book in this series, maybe I'll even check out one of the other series you mention.

That's great! Be sure to preorder your copy of the 9th Sookie Stackhouse book, it' comes out on May 5th.

And trust me, you won't be upset with the other books. They're just as great!

I just added the first disc(for the HBO series) to my netflix queue. I want to see who gets to play 'Bubba.'

Ive read a lot of the Sookie Stackhouse series, and i loved all the sarcasm! I think every book should have "comedic relief"! I didnt know there was an HBo series based off the books! Does the show go along with the books or do they change a whole bunch of important scenes (Like in Eragon! cougcough)

Ive read a lot of the Sookie Stackhouse series, and i loved all the sarcasm! I think every book should have "comedic relief"! I didnt know there was an HBo series based off the books! Does the show go along with the books or do they change a whole bunch of important scenes (Like in Eragon! cougcough)

I didn't get very far into the first episode..be warned, this IS an HBO series.. and not necessarily suitable for every member of one's household. Call me a prude; I can take it. But I'm not watching graphic sex scenes with my kids. So there.

My husband and I watch True Blood every Sunday. We're addicted! The *main* part of the show follows the book pretty well. They expand on some minor characters to give the storyline more depth, like Lafayette and Tara. I like that it doesn't follow exactly along with the books, because then I wouldn't really want to watch it. This way, in some aspects, I have no idea what's going to happen.

I pre-ordered the set through Amazon.com, my dad talks about this show constantly. I read reviews on the books and thought I'd check it out. So far they sound very interesting unlike other Vampire Novels. I'll let you all know my thoughts as soon as I'm done reading them.

I love her work. I've read all of the Sookie Stackhouse, started the lily bard series and read that single book she had......I think it was called A Sercet Rage. Through to me there is a thing about the True Blood/Sookie stackhouse series. I find with most people around here that you are either into the show or into the books and shouldn't really combine it. Anyway has anyone tried the Tru Blood drink?

I read Dead Until Dark and found it a great read, enjoyable, thrilling/amusing, nice new vampire lore. I will read more from this series in the future for sure.

Back