• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Chit Chat with me about whatever you want...

You people need to start taking the "drug cocktail" I take. My allergies are virtually cured...at least until I forget to refill my scripts at the end of the month (happens more often than I'd like to admit). Then, I suffer. I take singulair, zyrtec & rhinoquort aqua. Wonder drugs! Much better than allegra, claritin, benydryl, etc.

SFG75 said:
mehastings-I'm doing some summer work which is really fun, I now work for a new school and things are awesome. How's the little one?

The little one is lovely. I've got a very busy weekend. Between this AM at 9 and Monday AM at 7 I'm working twenty four hours and going to an eight hour CPR instructor class (because I was lazy and let my cert go). So, she is spending time with her babysitter tonight and friends of ours (babysitter is also in the CPR instructor class :() tomorrow. I just got home from work and was shocked to find that she is not here. A couple very close friends dropped by and picked her up earlier so I could relax when I got home. I hear she is at a graduation party stealing the show.

I've started back at work, and it sucks. I hate my job. The work is good, but the people are mostly jerks. So, I'm on the market for somthing new. If I don't get something I might consider working one sixteen hour shift every other week and stay at home momming. Such a weird thing for me to even think about.

SFG, do you teach during the summer? Or are you doing something unrelated, like landscaping?

I feel for all the allergy sufferers, my brother has really bad allergies and it looks miserable.

I am about 2 weks away from my move to Germany, I am taking down all my fish tanks this week and sorting out which books I'll keep with me during the move. I put my car on the ship this week too. I'll probably be losing my internet connection for awhile, but I'll have my laptop so maybe I'll be able to check in, I'm not sure yet.

Is this move to Germany permanent, Ronny? I hope you can still keep an Internet connection. :)

All the best with your move Ronny. Hope you like Germany. Where are you moving from - have never quite been able to figure out where your puddle is? :D

My puddle is in Olympia Washington and I'll be moving to Bavaria Germany for about 3-6 years. My husband has relatives in Nurnberg and we will be close to them a bit south but a quick train ride to his Grandma, uncles and cousins. They are here visiting now and have informed me that I'm doing worse than I thought at learning German.

We are very excited to see Europe and hope to travel a lot. Feel free to throw suggestions my way of places we must see :D I'm sure once we get settled in over there we'll be all hooked up to the internet again :)

LOL about your German, I'm sure you'll pick it up just fine.
Thought you must be the US because of the times you're online - or else you did a lot of shift-work.;)
My sister-in-law comes from Portland, Oregon so that's not too far from where you are now.
Make sure you get hooked up quick - we'll miss you :)

Ronny said:
Bavaria Germany for about 3-6 years.

Wow, what an amazing experience. You are very lucky. I'm also sure that you will do fine with your German. You're smart and you'll pick it up much faster through emersion than you would through books, tapes, classes, etc.

mehastings said:
You people need to start taking the "drug cocktail" I take. My allergies are virtually cured...at least until I forget to refill my scripts at the end of the month (happens more often than I'd like to admit). Then, I suffer. I take singulair, zyrtec & rhinoquort aqua. Wonder drugs! Much better than allegra, claritin, benydryl, etc.

Rhonquort aqua rocks!. Allegra and claritin are what I'm using now. The doc gave me a bunch of sampler stuff to use and that's how I'm getting by in the mean time. On monday, I need to have the shot shipped to my new workplace, where I'll be able to get it as we have nurses and doctors on staff.

I've started back at work, and it sucks. I hate my job. The work is good, but the people are mostly jerks. So, I'm on the market for somthing new. If I don't get something I might consider working one sixteen hour shift every other week and stay at home momming. Such a weird thing for me to even think about.

Well, keep up the good work. If folks like you weren't putting the rest of us back together.......

SFG, do you teach during the summer? Or are you doing something unrelated, like landscaping?

I got a new job at a regional center. It's a treatment facility for adults and adolescents. They have a school with two sections. The first section treats mentally ill boys and girls and that "wing" is the one that I'm doing summer substitute work in. It isn't direct teaching as the kids are working on a computer system that has all their studies online and they work through sections and take unit tests. I just keep them on task and help them through troubles if they have any. The other "wing" is chemically dependent boys who have been sent there by judges for breaking their probation. For many of them, it's the last stop before prison. It's the tougher of the two wings and it's where I'll be starting out when I start teaching next month on the third. I've been doing some subbing to see how things work, as well as to get to know the kids. It's going to be very challenging, but I'm really enjoying it. It's amazing what some kids have gone through.

It's nice that you have some good friends who will give you breaks every once in awhile, you do need it from time to time. We're to the point where we worry too much without being around the kids, but my parents insist on watching them for us for a couple of hours while we go out and eat or just grab some coffee and talk. Some day, we'll enjoy the solitude.

Ronny said:
My puddle is in Olympia Washington and I'll be moving to Bavaria Germany for about 3-6 years. My husband has relatives in Nurnberg and we will be close to them a bit south but a quick train ride to his Grandma, uncles and cousins. They are here visiting now and have informed me that I'm doing worse than I thought at learning German.

We are very excited to see Europe and hope to travel a lot. Feel free to throw suggestions my way of places we must see :D I'm sure once we get settled in over there we'll be all hooked up to the internet again :)

I would love to visit Germany. I'd like to see the black forest, as well as some historical sites. Forgive my ignorance, but have you tried learning the language at all? From the few people I know that have learned it, they say it's fairly easy.

SFG75 said:
I would love to visit Germany. I'd like to see the black forest, as well as some historical sites. Forgive my ignorance, but have you tried learning the language at all? From the few people I know that have learned it, they say it's fairly easy.

I have of course tried conversing with my Mother-In-Law and I have the CDs, CD-Roms, books and workbooks. I do ok with on word here and there and recognize others right away, they were mainly laughing at my pronunciation :eek:, but Honeydevil said I'd probably do ok in Berlin just the region I'm in has a different way of saying things. It should be easy for me I've already taken spanish and french and did ok, but you know age kicks in and my brain is getting full :D

The black forest is high on our list of places to go, as well as a few of the castles, my son is beyond excited about those.

Ronny said:
Feel free to throw suggestions my way of places we must see...
I recommend Brenden, Washington. :cool:

Good luck in Germany. I wish I were moving there. California blows.

I'm just so embarrassed, everyone has a valid thing to say, and I talked about fur behind my hands, which wasn't even true. I'm so sad. :(

I just played a game of badminton, but today I played worse than normal because I hit the ball too hard too often. I usually retrieve a drop shot with a wrist flick at the last moment, however I can't seem to moderate the power I put into it, sending it long too often. Also, I'm not playing well in front of the net today, plus I'm not varying my game often enough as well. I think I will consciously move in front more often and whack those suckers with drives. That reminds me, I should also change my racquet grip - the one I'm using sucks.

I'm very interested to see how Federer do against Nadal this time. And I'm looking forward to the Holland game tonight.

I did the sweeping and the mopping of the floor in the house today, and will be hanging out clothes to dry soon.

I've got a bloody Standard Operations Document to finish tonight too.

You know when you jog, and your arms are curved at the elbow swinging while you run? My arms get tired after 5 minutes, which I hadn't experienced before. I haven't been jogging for a loooong while, could that be the cause? Is it my posture? Or do you recommend some sort of massage?

ds

p.s. I just noticed I said things I wouldn't put in my blog.

direstraits said:
Is it my posture? Or do you recommend some sort of massage?

ds

p.s. I just noticed I said things I wouldn't put in my blog.

I'd say it's very likely your posture, ds, leaning forward and staring too closely at the screen. Have you been using your wrist-rest? Sounds like you need to. As for the massage, try asking Sofia, hear she's an expert.:p

I'm off now, tra la la la la :D

direstraits said:
You know when you jog, and your arms are curved at the elbow swinging while you run? My arms get tired after 5 minutes, which I hadn't experienced before. I haven't been jogging for a loooong while, could that be the cause? Is it my posture? Or do you recommend some sort of massage?

I assume that your arms are relaxed and you aren't gripping your hands into tight fists. How about your back? Is that tense? You want to be very loose when you run, otherwise you'll end up sore. When you stretch you shouldn't forget to stretch your back and upper extremities. Lastly, make sure you warm up and cool down. I always like a nice stretch afterwards, or a warm bath if I've been running in the cold. Of course, I haven't run in a very long time. :mad: I'm planning on starting back up soon.

Poppy... I couldn't be my posture, I think. I keep missing Sofia's, uhm, distractions, remember? She did send me something interesting though.. nah, still couldn't be the posture.

mehastings said:
I assume that your arms are relaxed and you aren't gripping your hands into tight fists. How about your back? Is that tense? You want to be very loose when you run, otherwise you'll end up sore. When you stretch you shouldn't forget to stretch your back and upper extremities. Lastly, make sure you warm up and cool down. I always like a nice stretch afterwards, or a warm bath if I've been running in the cold. Of course, I haven't run in a very long time. :mad: I'm planning on starting back up soon.
I don't tense my hands into fists - I actually shake them as I run to loosen them up, much like the motion of shaking water off your hands after a hand wash. Nope. Can you imagine getting tired of a reflexive running motion? That sounds strange to me.

Oh, and I don't stretch for jogging. I do cartwheels first, then run.

ds

ps. Kidding about the cartwheels. Not kidding about not stretching. I only do that when I play badminton. Maybe I should stretch before jogging.

mehastings said:
It could be worse. It could be Oklahoma. I've never been there, but it just strikes me as a place I wouldn't like.

Hey, I like most parts of Oklahoma, specially the northeastern corner. I grew up visiting relatives all over down there. Maybe you need the right soundtrack to play in your head as you go...Oklahoma!, Oh What a Beautiful Morning, Oklahoma Hills, You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma, Oklahoma Swing, Take Me Back to Tulsa...etc! Of course it would help if you had favorite relatives or friends to go visit;)

Samerron said:
the hampsterDance has evolved a lot since my last visit. It was only one page. Now, it’s a complete website with tracks and cards and lots of things. Well, what can I say... the world has moved on ...
I know the feeling. I have missed so much by not being a part of the "All your base are belong to us" phenom.

I have to admit: I love the Hampster Dance and I'm not afraid to shout it to the world! Now I feel better.:p I had no idea this site was still up and running and heck, evolving!!

Back