• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Coldplay

Stewart said:
Indie comes from the term independent, and Coldplay, being signed to a major label, are certainly not an indie band. I would just use the generic term of rock although the MOR label I saw earlier would definitely be on their travel case.
Personally I wouldn't say Coldplay are Indie or Rock, but that's my opinion.

I quite enjoyed their first two albums (particularly Rush of Blood to the Head), but find X&Y too samey. They really need to show some progression/growth or they're going to lose the portion of their fanbase, like me, who expect more from a band than the same thing album after album.

I let the X&Y album spin around three times before I decided I liked it. The lyrics are wonderful. Coldplay's music really grows on you over time.

jenngorham said:
but am i tasteless because i also like coldplay or dmb?

Well... No, I'm just kidding. While DMB is one of my pet peeves (I just don't get it) and Coldplay is just dull, I'd never give anyone a hard time for liking it. I take tons of crap from my friends for the music I listen to, so I tend to be nice as long as I don't have to listen to it.

Stewart said:
Out of interest, mehastings, how was that music I gave to you?

I've not listened to all of it. :eek: It's been busy and the beach was cancelled due to thunder, so I haven't been in the car much. I'll get back to you eventually on it though. I'm headed into five days off starting Wed, so I'm sure I'll have a chance then.

Back