• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Collaborative stories: Discussion thread.

You know, I have not even thought about that lol

Errrrrrr, the awnser is maybe :D

<--goes back to writing...

Regards
SillyWabbit

Just a suggestion mind you, but maybe we should wait until the story is complete to give it a name. We don't know what direction it's going to go in.

On the other hand a temp working title would be kinda nice. :confused: You're starting the ball rolling so it's your call.

RaVeN

Martin said:
Oooh, fancy words, I like that!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

You think that's fancy? You should see my pants!!! :D

phil_t said:
How About - "The Ambiguous Story"

Phil

I like it :D "The Ambiguous story." That's that settled :D

UPDATE!! Still working on the first part of the story. Sorry to make you all wait. Too much work and so little time to write. Def. tomrrow though :)

Regards
Sillywabbit

OMG! OMG! OMG! I did it!!! :)

Well, the very first part of the story has been posted. I'm excited! :D

Not sure I like this going first thing so much now lol Hopefully, I done did good, ma :D

I disabled my sig, as suggested by jello, because I think it's a good idea. So if we could all disable the sigs! Ummmm. What else is there to say? Oh, yeah, I know........... Ashlea, you're up next :D

Well, have fun! It's all started now! go to town! Get wild with it! Let's see where we can take this baby! I'm scared... lol

Regards
SillyWabbit

I read it. Good effort, Wabbit!! A very good setup for a decent story. I'm curious to see where this will lead us, and where I'll come into it!

This has been a great idea, I'm already immensely enjoying myself!

Oh, and by the way, I don't want to nitpick (that's Mile's department :)), but "silence is with an e. Just saying.

All in all, your setup looks very promising, you wacky bunny you!!

Martin said:
Oh, and by the way, I don't want to nitpick (that's Mile's department :)), but "silence is with an e. Just saying.

Do I get to nitpick on other spelling mistakes? I can see a few. :)

Yes you may. At least, in my opinion, that is. When I post my bit, please feel free to point out all the grammatical- and spellingmistakes, so I can edit them.

By the way, what did you think, Mile?

OK, fixed SilEnce :D Fixed a few other spelling mistakes and errors. I'm sure some still exist :D

Oh, mile, knock yourself out :D I'll go fix em.

Martin, Glad you liked it and thanks for the input. I tried to keep the story, ummm, ambiguous lol And I tired to create something that would be very open.

It's been strange. This is the first time I have written for other people. This is the first time it has not been for me. It was... different :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

Martin said:
By the way, what did you think, Mile?

I liked it. It was ambiguous. Maybe flowery at times but I'm sure as it develops that'll be lost and it'll be down to "serious" storytelling. The only bit I didn't like was the section with the seperate line for each thought.

I liked that bit, actually.

And Mile, we're just having fun here, right? We're not planning on writing a huge multi-million selling novel or something.

So if you wanna get down to 'serious storytelling', that's fine by me, but if someone else just wants to have some fun with his/her bit, that's fine also.

We're not all as educated as you'd want us to be.

FLOWERY????

SERIOUS??????????

*deep breath* :D lol

Regarding the section with the seperate line for each thought: I intended it to show, in literal form as well as literary form, the thoughts tumbling though her mind. Tumble, tumble, tumble and then stop. I like to do that kinda thing :D Play with physical form as well as style and words. Each to their own, I guess :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

**EDIT** Glad you liked that part Martin. At least I know it's not just me being wacky lol

Bold is typically a spelling errors and the odd bit of grammar - I'd didn't go too far though. Red was just some questions and insertions.

Why has Amber got back hair? I'm a guy and I don't even have that. I'm jealous. :(

It was a hot night.

It was hot, sticky, dream stale night. A steaming, filthy, fly infested, windless night. A night of broken dreams and wings and things. A night of uncaring stars. A night of lost dogs, dreams, pennies and kisses. A night for flight. A night for fight. A night for violence. A night to sit and sweat, stir, stare and stew. A calm restless night. A night to waste away wishing wistless wishes. A night for nice lovely bottles of gleaming beer. A night for ice cubes. A night for horror and hurt. A night for snapped tempers. A night for ice cold showers. A night for cold packs. A night for frantic fucking. A night for a million things, a million dreams, a million stories, but not a night for sleeping.

Amber, wide awake, lay naked on the naked bed. Sleep was far away. A distant shore in the sticky soup of the night. Outside, beyond the window, lay the slumbering city streets. Sometimes the velvet silence in the obsidian night would be broken by the screech of tires (tyres (UK) tires (US) - go with the UK ;) ). plantive cries of a baby or maybe a metallic sireen's scream. Amber turned her head towards the glow of the alarm clock digits. The red L.C.D display like a setting sun in the darkness of the room. The numbers told her it was 2 in the morning.

"Shit... I'm too old to be awake at 2.am." Amber whispered into the hot darkness. "50 years of age, and where did those years go?" She asked the silent night the question. As always, the night never replied to her night time voiced questions. With another sigh, she eased her body from the bed and padded into the kitchen. Half way into the kitchen, came the sound. Loud. Heavy. Thumping. Banging.

A knocking. A frantic knocking at her door. Amber froze with thoughts tumbling though her mind. Thoughts crashing and burning in her soul.

What the hell?
Knocking?
At this time?
A killer?
Somebody needing help?
A rapist?
A child?
A man?
A woman?
What the hell?
What the hell?
Now?
Why?
Me?

As the last of the thoughts tumbled the knocking... stopped.

Hands, shaking slightly, she smoothed back her long back hair. Amber walked slowly towards the bed to pull on her clothing. Heart pounding. Skin tingling. Come on, shit dammit, she told herself silently. Pull yourself together woman! Who are you, to be afraid of the night? Amber pulled on her blue jeans and white shirt, she kept an eye on the untelling wooden door. The door gave no awnsers. Doors never do. They can only lead or pose questions. They never ever tell.

Amber gulped down the hot air and started walking towards the door with a soft steady pace. Slowly, she moved though the heat thick room towards the door. The door that still lay silent. Grave silent. Silent as a dead bird. Silent as silance. Dust silent. Disturbing silent.

Finally, reaching the door, she pressed one ear to the wood. Amber listened. She could hear her breathing too loud in her own ears. It was a rushing wooshing sound. From beyond the door there was only silence. She listened and listened. As she listened, she turned, from time to time, to watch those ghost red minutes ghost past. Silence, only silence.

BANG. !

Amber jumped back with a cry of panic. Animal Animal?crouched on the floor with wide wild eyes. Now her breathing like a waterfall. Her heart punching her ribs, faster and faster.

"shit" !
"****" !
"who the hell?" She shouted. "WHO THE HELL???"

Then, came the voice from beyond the door.

What's the exact definition of 'flowery' in this context?

Wow, Mile, you're getting into this, aren't you?

Back