• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Commercial Offer... Almost

The problem is I am both - so it is better not to differ too much...
Could be dangerous for a personality...

Your name backwards is Ogres. Do you know what ogres are? Here is a nice one:

OGRE.jpg

SERGO PRETENDS TO BE NORMAL.

Stewart said:
I don't want your piss-stained money.

OK - maybe someone else would.
:)
Really, I do not like them crisp & new - difficult to count by hand, you know...

novella said:
Your name backwards is Ogres. Do you know what ogres are? Here is a nice one:

OGRE.jpg

SERGO PRETENDS TO BE NORMAL.

Wow! That's really great, I hadn't ever thought of it! How intelligent you are!
Thanks, I may try this picture as my avatar!

jenngorham said:
i don't know, it's a sketchy thing. it's like asking someone to punch you. maybe they are really a bit of a girl when it comes to hitting so it won't really hurt and we all laugh, but what if the person really nails you and you just stood there and took it like a sucker.
I don't really think I have ever asked someone to hit me.. Wouldn't you already be a sucker if you ask someone to hit you?

jenngorham said:
the kid thing was a riot, i was laughing to myself as i sat outside smoking a butt and cracking my 4th beer of the a.m. :D
:D

Too bad...
OK, I will spend my $100 on GPRS while I live in my forest hut...

The best try was Hay's, I'd like to confirm. But far from enough.

Give him the money then, for the effort.

Oh, wait, you weren't gonna give out money to begin with.

Cheers

I'm really sorry everyone but have I missed something here? I really don't get the point of this thread at all.

Sergo why would you want to pay anyone $100 to try and offend you? Just to prove a point that you can't be offended? And what's with all this stuff about you trying to cheat on your wife? I'm not trying to offend you myself here. I really don't want your $100 but if you've got all this money to waste, why don't you put it towards a more worthier cause? :confused:

Genie said:
I'm really sorry everyone but have I missed something here? I really don't get the point of this thread at all.

Sergo why would you want to pay anyone $100 to try and offend you? Just to prove a point that you can't be offended? And what's with all this stuff about you trying to cheat on your wife? I'm not trying to offend you myself here. I really don't want your $100 but if you've got all this money to waste, why don't you put it towards a more worthier cause? :confused:

Hi Genie:

This thread was meant to show that it is not easy to offend a person if he doesn't want to be offended.

My point is that:
1. Pointless efforts are foolish and really work against the author, not the victim of the offence. It is also foolish to consider youself offended if somebody told you something not connected with reality.
2. If you are a mature person and you are told about some real weakness of yours - the natural response would be not get offended, but to try to mend that weaknes, or just go on living, if you do not consider it critical.

By the way, it is obvious that it is not easy for a cultured person to try to offend another: nobody tried really hard but Hay and Martin ( :D ), and only with a lot of instigation from me...

So. We have political & religious aspects that supposedly could get us into trouble. I see it the same: if somebody really tries to offend you on this or other forum - it means that that person cannot understand your point, or just wants to pain you. In the first case you can try to explain yourself, and in the second - the best way is maybe to stop speaking to that person.

And finally: of course all the people are free to feel what they prefer - including to feel offended. But forums are places where everybody could stop and go some other way before to get really pissed over something. Most people wouldn't even try to consciously offend you, and others are not worth spending your time on them.

Martin said:
Give him the money then, for the effort.

Oh, wait, you weren't gonna give out money to begin with.

Cheers

Sorry, effort is not the result.
Effort was good, yes. I can offer Hay a consolation prize - a meal in Moscow with two pints of Guinnes. By the way, I am ready to offer you another prize - for the second best try. A meal in Moscow with one pint of Guinnes.

Sergo said:
I can offer Hay a consolation prize - a meal in Moscow with two pints of Guinnes.
As long as the meal isn't cow tongue, it's alright with me. Got that the when I was in Russia, and I wasn't impressed.

1. Yes, I had extramarital experience. According to statistics absolute majority of both women & men have such experience.
But, alas, I could not have had unspoiled fun at it.
Have I made myself clear enough?

2. Yes, one can give money to old women on the streets - that would have meant two month worth pension for them. Or to some pet center.
Sorry, I may have been wrong to offer money for such an unworthy reason.

hay82 said:
As long as the meal isn't cow tongue, it's alright with me. Got that the when I was in Russia, and I wasn't impressed.

No, I don't like that myself. I usually meet with my internet buddies in the students' place named "Bunker" in the center of Moscow. It slowly goes out of fashion lately, but the kitchen and the beer are OK still.

Back