• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Contest - NCAA Tournament "Pickems"

When you pick upsets, you feel like you belong to mensa. When you fail to pick the upsets(i.e.-George Mason vs. UNC) you curse the very existence of the tournanment.:rolleyes: :D

sofia picked 13 of the 16 teams that made it through the first round and also through the second round and they are now in the Sweet sixteen. that is amazing.

sofia is a pretty knowledgeable basketball fan. I enjoy discussing basketball with her.

I just got back from the Women's NIT game. We (UVA) beat Miami tonight 83 to 72 which was our second round win and now we advance another round. I am P.O.'d though as the next game should be in Charlottesville but all hotel rooms are sold out due to guess what.......The Virginia Festival Of The Book
http://www.vabook.org/ , so UVA has to travel to Pittsburgh for the next game. Good game tonight. Brenna McGuire hit 4 shots from "way-down-town" and she was the player of the game.

yep...I'm just gloating while I still can..hope the men got some rest...back to business tonite!! :D

We are half way through the Sweet Sixteen. We will soon know which teams mad it to the Men's Elite Eight. We know some that did not.....like Duke. Only one of the participants did not pick Duke and that was Curiouswonder. He picked LSU. The scores as they stand this moment in the Men's NCAA.

Muggle......................16 points
Curiouswonder............15 points
SFG75.......................13 points
Mehastings.................13 points
Sophia.......................10 points :p
Steffee.......................5 points

Check your scores in case I mad a mistake.

muggle said:
Only one of the participants did not pick Duke and that was Curiouswonder. He picked LSU.

that's my small consolation for knowing that at BEST I have 4 of the elite 8.
still 3 of my final 4 though.

Back