• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Contest - NCAA Tournament "Pickems"

Sofia said:
it'll be interesting to see how many actually tune in to watch florida and ucla

I haven't heard anything about ratings, but the game really wasn't that close. We had it on the t.v., but everyone was doing something else-the ratings would've been higher had GMU made it.:(

I am looking forward to tonite's game with Duke vs. Maryland....betting the ratings probably higher for that

I haven't heard what the ratings were for UCLA vs Florida but would not be at all surprised if tonight's game between Maryland and Duke doesn't have higher ratings. For sure, it will be a better and more interesting game.

Coach G. is a good coach for Duke and Maryland's Brenda Freese is taking Maryland to the top....fast. Earlier in the year Freese's Maryland team was playing Boston College. While there she piled all the players into a bus and did not tell them the destination. They pulled up at the Boston Garden and the players were really impressed with the place. Brenda told them, if you want to see this place again it will be in the Final Four.

my pick for tonight is Maryland. any of you have a pick.:D

I'm going with Maryland also.....They've earned it....now muggle, this doesn't affect my score, right?:D

Sofia said:
I'm going with Maryland also.....They've earned it....now muggle, this doesn't affect my score, right?:D
No, the pickem's are finished for this year and you are the Champ of the Women's Tournament.

Ok, you and I both pick Maryland. Anyone like Duke.

muggle said:
No, the pickem's are finished for this year and you are the Champ of the Women's Tournament.

Ok, you and I both pick Maryland. Anyone like Duke.

WOOHOO!!!! I WON!! just wanted to rub it in a bit more....:D

Sofia said:
ugh......:p

Just don't pick the White Sox, Cubs, Royals, or Indians and your set. Though if basketball is any indication, they'll go all the way, or darn near come close to it.:rolleyes:

you know, I used to like baseball long ago....I was a mets fan....but it's just unwatchable now for me!

Sofia said:
you know, I used to like baseball long ago....I was a mets fan....but it's just unwatchable now for me!

Yeah, I remember when they had Daryl Strawberry, Doc Gooden, Keith Hernandez. It's kind of funny, but that was exactly 20 years ago!.:eek:

Hey, lets talk some baseball tomorrow. I am a big fan. Now to tonight:

What a game. Maryland comes back from 13 points down to win in overtime 78 to 75. Toliver hits a big 3 pointer to send the game into overtime, what a pressure shot. I felt bad for Duke...no one deserved to lose.

it was awesome.....I thought Duke had it....what an incredible last minute! does this mean I get bonus points too?:D you know, because I am the CHAMP!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

A thank you to:

sofia
steffee
curiouswonder
SFG75
mehastings

For participating in the Men's and Women's NCAA basketball pickems.

The torch will be carried by sofia to Cleveland, the site of next years Women's NCAA Tournament.

Back