• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Contest - NCAA Tournament "Pickems"

Uh-Oh, I think I am in deep Chit. My teams are about all gone. Oh well, I am better picking the Women's Tournament anyway.:D

Yes, I watched the Duke - LSU game. LSU deserved to win as they outplayed Duke, although I was cheering for Duke. Poor Reddick had a terrible game.

me too...I was cheering for duke only cause they were my championship pick! LSU worked there butts off for that win, and deserved it

I have a busy night and need to check out. I have the Harry Potter movie to watch, the UVA Women basketball game to listen to on the radio, and the U-Conn game to watch.......see ya later alligator.

These are the scores at the completion of the Sweet Sixteen and as we enter the Elite Eight:

muggle..................22
Curiouswonder........19
SFG75...................19
Mehastings.............17
Sofia.....................14
Steffee...................7

Once again, please check your scores to make sure that I have not made any mistakes.

muggle said:
These are the scores at the completion of the Sweet Sixteen and as we enter the Elite Eight:

muggle..................22
Curiouswonder........19
SFG75...................19
Mehastings.............17
Sofia.....................14
Steffee...................7

Once again, please check your scores to make sure that I have not made any mistakes.
These are the teams that made it to the Men's Elite Eight. Remember that you get 2 points for each team that made it to the Elite Eight:

LSU
Texas
Memphis
UCLA
U-Conn
George Mason
Villanova
Florida

what games last night!! especially the boston/nova game...omg, I was ready to jump thru the tv...lol...talk about winning by a hair! and even uconn/wash. what is up with uconn? they shouldn't be struggling so much to win....god, they even struggled against albany!

Sofia said:
what games last night!! especially the boston/nova game...omg, I was ready to jump thru the tv...lol...talk about winning by a hair! and even uconn/wash. what is up with uconn? they shouldn't be struggling so much to win....god, they even struggled against albany!
At least U-Conn is struggling on the "win" side. Look at poor Duke and UNC.:)

Today / tonight we have the Women's games. Maryland looks pretty good.

I will have all the scores tomorrow morning. I believe I can give the final score for the Men's tournament as none of us has picked a team that can possibly make the final two.

We have a battle royal shaping up in the Women's Tournament. There are possibly 4 of us that can still win.

These are the Men's teams that made the Final 4.

LSU
UCLA
George Mason
Florida

All of our picks to make it to the Championship game have been eliminated in the Tournament, therefore there can be no further scoring and our Men's contest is over. These are the final scores in a close contest:

muggle.............22 points
mehastings........20 points
curiouswonder....19 points (tied with SFG75)
SFG75...............19 points (tied with curiouswonder)
sofia.................14 points
steffee..............10 points

These are the Women's teams that have made it to the Elite 8:

UNC
Tenn
Utah
Maryland
Duke
U-Conn
LSU
Stanford

We have a close contest that probably will not be decided until the Championship game. Our scores through the Elite 8:

sofia..................25
muggle...............24
mehastings.........21
curiouswonder.....19
steffee...............3 ( I think that steffee likes the men better)

Wow, did anyone watch the U-Conn vs Georgia game last night. I'll bet sofia spilled her drink. :)

lol.....OMG............WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!! I nearly stroked at the end with that desperation shot by Barbara Turner!!!!!!!!!!! Even the commentators were shocked! no one was more shocked than georgia, they thought they had it in the bag with their own 3-pointer merely seconds before!!

I'm absolutely floored that not one of the #1 seeded teams didn't make the final four. While it has hurt my prediction score, I'm glad GM made it. All too often in the past, it seems like the same eight or ten teams from power conferences always make it. It's good to see these little schools beat the big boys.:)

I agree with SFG....I have no idea who GM is, or where from, but I'll be rooting for them now!!:)

Sofia said:
I agree with SFG....I have no idea who GM is, or where from, but I'll be rooting for them now!!:)
George Mason is up the road from me about 80 or 90 miles. They are located in Northern Virginia and are on the outskirts of Washington, DC.

The U-Conn vs Georgia Women's game last night was one heck of a game. When Strothers knocked down her 3 pointer I thought that U-Conn was looking good, then Georgia came back and knocked down one of their own to go up by a point with seconds to go in the game. The only person that was not surprised by Turner's last second shot, a 3 pointer at that, was Turner herself. She seemed confident after the game that she would make it. I loved the way she broke off the TV interview saying that she had to go celebrate and wave to the fans....WTG, Barbara Turner.:)

The Women's games from here on out will be memorable with great basketball being played.

OMG 3 points, and none of my picks are in the Elite 8!! Oh dear, that is shameful. :eek: :D :D

Oh well, I'm not that far behind for the men though eh? Hehehe. :p

Two words - baseball season.
George Mason gained about 40 million fans yesterday. I would love to see them win it all.
Fun stuff guys. Thanks muggle for keeping score for us.

steffee, thanks for playing. You were at a huge disadvantage but still did OK in the Men's tournament.

curiouswonder, it isn't over yet. The Women's games are as much fun, if not more, to watch than the men's. They play more "team ball", IMHO. There are some very good teams lefti in the Women's Tournament and I look forward to some good ball.

many of us can still win the Women's Tournament in our pickems.

Thanks though curiouswonder, it has been and still is fun.

I can't wait till tomorrow nite...god help anyone who comes between me and the tv....tenessee vs. north carolina and then uconn vs. duke. I am already so excited! (I know, it doesn't take much :D )

Back