• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Contest - NCAA Tournament "Pickems"

Sofia said:
I can't wait till tomorrow nite...god help anyone who comes between me and the tv....tenessee vs. north carolina and then uconn vs. duke. I am already so excited! (I know, it doesn't take much :D )
and tonight maryland escaped with an OT win against Utah. Now for the LSU vs Stanford game.

We have to do this when it's playoff time for baseball muggle. I'd like to echo the sentiment-thanks for scoring and updating for us. Now for baseball.

GO ROYALS!.

:D :D :D :D

The Women's Teams that made it to the Final Four are:

UNC
Maryland
Duke
LSU

The points standings in the "Pickems":

steffee...............37
muggle...............36
mehastings..........24
curiouswonder......22
steffee................3

steffee is the predicted winner since her and muggle both have the same picks from here on out. I doubt that is any consolation to her though as her favorite team. U-Conn, lost a heartbreaker to Duke last night. mehastings was really in the running until last night. I will continue to post the scores through the Tournament end.

muggle said:

UNC
Maryland
Duke
LSU

steffee...............37
muggle...............36
mehastings..........24
curiouswonder......22
steffee................3

steffee is the predicted winner since her and muggle both have the same picks from here on out. I doubt that is any consolation to her though as her favorite team. U-Conn, lost a heartbreaker to Duke last night. mehastings was really in the running until last night. I will continue to post the scores through the Tournament end.

Steffee..?

UNC
Maryland
Duke
LSU

sofia..................37
muggle...............36
mehastings..........24
curiouswonder......22
steffee................3

sofia is the predicted winner since her and muggle both have the same picks from here on out. I doubt that is any consolation to her though as her favorite team. U-Conn, lost a heartbreaker to Duke last night. mehastings was really in the running until last night. I will continue to post the scores through the Tournament end.

sofia and muggle correctly predicted all 4 teams that made it to the Final Four. sofia did an amazing job of "pickems" to take the lead in points. She is a true Champion of the "pickems".

hehe, I am glad that Duke beat U-Conn though. :p

muggle said:
sofia and muggle correctly predicted all 4 teams that made it to the Final Four. sofia did an amazing job of "pickems" to take the lead in points. She is a true Champion of the "pickems".
That's impressive stuff. Congrats sofia and muggle.
[/genuflecting]

Aww, muggle did you want more money for swapping me with Sofia? ;)

I should really be embarrassed but surely getting a score that low must take some doing, so I'm quite proud of my achievement!

steffee said:
Aww, muggle did you want more money for swapping me with Sofia? ;)

I should really be embarrassed but surely getting a score that low must take some doing, so I'm quite proud of my achievement!
You will do better next year. I am sure we would have low scores if we had to pick teams/players in a U.K. Curling Tournament. :D

The Women's Teams that made it to the Championship Game are:

Maryland
Duke

sofia..................41
muggle...............40
mehastings..........24
curiouswonder......22
steffee................3

Both muggle and sofia picked UNC to win the Championship and since UNC has been eliminated by Maryland, I knew I should have picked Maryland, the game is over as far as our scores go. Thanks to everyone for playing the game. Sofia is the champion of the pickem contest.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I can't beleive Duke lost...funny part is they have only had two losses this season...both to Maryland! I will be rooting for Maryland now, and hope they kick Duke's ass! :D

And thanks Muggle...you did a great job!!

Well done Sofia! :D

I'm still very proud of my grand total score of 3, it's almost as good as the UK achieving nil points in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Sofia said:
And thanks Muggle...you did a great job!!
But not good enough. You beat me by one "stinking" point. :D And I really was going to pick maryland for the Championship game but went with UNC instead.....darn. :(

Wait till next year. ;)

Well done Muggle, too. She says, as she tries to ensure the scores are hidden from the immediate view of anyone who might stumble across this thread. ;)

Back