• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Critique My Web Page - It all I've got for you right now

Complete Page Revision

page completely updated....simplified....and when I viewed it at 800x600 resolution, it all fit on my screen with no need to scroll left or right.

Very little need to scroll up and down either.
At least not in higher resolution I normally use.

Still planning on adding some minor things....but for the most part...is this generally more pleasing to the masses?

(it's not Stewarts page...although I might just hire him...if I can afford him....) :eek:

Motokid said:
page completely updated....simplified....and when I viewed it at 800x600 resolution, it all fit on my screen with no need to scroll left or right.

Much better - it's concise, consistent, readable, and the colours are not too bright or imposing, the green theme blends with the grass in the book's cover.

You mentioned you were using some tool, I can't remember the name now, but it looks as if you are using a predefined template to layout your page. My only suggestion would be to never use a template - sites that do that end up all looking the same irregardless of content; strive to be different, fresh, etc.

(it's not Stewarts page...although I might just hire him...if I can afford him....) :eek:

If you want help then feel free to ask. If you want to use the idea I suggested then that's fine; I can help to add to the quickie I did and, if you have more illustrations that can be used, use them appropriately. I'm not interested in payment (not yet anyway :D ) and I'm only interested in getting better at web design and trying out new ideas.

Is there plans for more TeeZee stories?

Yep...pre-defined template (site studio)...I am an extreme novice at anything like web page creation....

Thanks for the help, and critiques...your guidance and help have been great.
That goes out to everybody too...

I hope there will be a series of books. That's the long term goal.

I prefer to try things on my own for now, so when I desire to change something, or add something I don't feel the need to ask if I can do it, or feel like I'm infringing upon somebody elses creation. It's a great learning experience and the success of the book is not riding on my web page. I'm really in it for the fun of it, and the learning from it.

I will certainly get in touch with you (Stewart) first if I plan on getting more outside help.

Thanks again...

I agree that the colours do blend in nicely with the cover of the book, but it's not really exciting... Maybe if you did something with your header and/or menu, it would balance itself out?

Also, one last thing: in your review section you use these

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's just a detail, but IMO, this looks amateurish. Maybe you could replace that with a <hr> or nothing?

<hr /> would have been nicer - a clean HTML horizontal line.

Or:

<hr width="30%" /> - it depends how long you'd want it. :)

Back