• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Crop Circles

Wabbit

"My findings at this time are that ample evidence exists that an estimated 80% of crop circles are man-made. On the other hand, 20% revealed no evidence of human involvement. A handful of these 20% also displayed the newly discovered magnetic profile (all these were simple formations)."

Colin Andrews
"

No matter if you think crop circles are all man made, or something stranger at work, they are still beautfiul and fill us with a sense of magic and a sense that there maybe something more to life than we can touch with our five senses.

OK, now I present you with some pictures of crop circles :) With thanks to WaterCrystal for the insperation with her many picture/photo postings ;) :)

All of thease were taken in the U.K, Well... enjoy!

View attachment atinypic_com_ddud

View attachment atinypic_com_ddug

View attachment atinypic_com_dduo

View attachment atinypic_com_dduq

View attachment atinypic_com_ddur

View attachment atinypic_com_ddut

View attachment atinypic_com_dduv

View attachment atinypic_com_ddux

View attachment atinypic_com_ddv4

View attachment atinypic_com_ddv7

I've always found cropcircles fascinating - thanks for posting those, Wabbit. There are some very intricate ones there - imagine the effort put into those (if, of course, they were man made).

Cheers

Martin said:
I've always found cropcircles fascinating - thanks for posting those, Wabbit. There are some very intricate ones there - imagine the effort put into those (if, of course, they were man made).

Cheers

You're welcome! Glad you liked. :)

i find crop circles fascinating. i've seen a lot of documentaries on them, and i'm sure not all of them are man made. one theory is that they're created by magnetic field storms. it seems unlikely, but if nature uses any math, it's possible. many of them remind me of julia fractals, which is all mathmatic formula. although, the ufo theory is more fun :)

I have always dismissed crop circles as a hoax. I guess I am not really one for UFO or conspiracy theories. However, I will agree with you Wabbit, the designs sure are beautiful and a spectacle to see – no matter how they were formed. Can one of you tell me if any have been found in America or other countries besides the UK?

They're certainly beautiful, I'll give you that, but I'm not sure I want to know how they're made. The mystery kind of adds to the beauty if you ask me.

I find it really weird that even though the people who originally started making crop circles came forward and admitted it was them, even let people watch them make them, there are still people that believe they're made by some supernatural/extraterrestrial/as-yet-unimaginable force.

Couldn't it just be that they're getting more complicated because people are getting better at them? Couldn't it just be that farmers make so much money out of letting people come see and take photos of them that they encourage people to come in and do something fancy?

Everytime an 'expert' proclaims one as 'genuine', someone comes forward and explains how they're done. Usually with a video. :rolleyes: And a lot of then are probably just photoshopped now anyway, it's so much less effort and you can still have a good night's sleep.

If you were an alien, travelling through space in your mighty UFO to meet new races and make contact, wouldn't you do something a little more conclusive than squash some wheat in a pretty pattern?

As for natural phenomena, in labs they've tried making ball lightning and seeing what patterns they get, but they only get little circles. Never something as complicated as a fractal.

As this is a book forum I'll recommend Round in Circles by Jim Schnabel to anyone's who really interested in the topic. But I think you'll probably have to find it secondhand or from an out of print sellers. It's quite hard to get hold of. Had to traipse around so many shops with my bf while he tracked it down. But he does love his debunking books, so it kept him quiet for a while when we finally got it.

in the documentaries i've seen there have been 2 things that have made me think that certain instances could have been done by something other than human effort:

1) in an interview with a guy who confessed to making a number of crop circles, he said that on a few occasions on the nights he (and his "team") were making a circle they had seen odd hovering lights which seemed to be observing them at work. 2 documentaries i saw showed daytime video footage showing such lights, one shot had a light hovering for a short time and then flying away- the shot showed the light for a great distance before it disappeared into the sky

2) any human effort has always involved flattening the crops with boards, resulting in broken stems and crushed leaves etc. there have been a number of sites where stocks have found to not be broken, but bent over at approx 90 degree angle without cracking or fraying etc. the stocks at these sites also have heat and humidity damage which is shown by shoots having been blown out of the stocks. if human effort is involved here, they must have some crazy way of making circles.

to make the large, fancier crop circles it must take longer than one night, even two. i would think the partially created circle would be discovered before completion. has anyone ever discovered a half finished crop circle? you'd have to have a massive team of people - and keeping all of them quiet about it wouldn't be easy.

the theory behind aliens creating ufos is that they could be messages we haven't figured out how to translate yet. if an alien culture was creating them in an effort to contact us it could be in the same way as 2001: a space odyssey. they are waiting til we are smart enough to figure it out. i'm not saying that i believe it IS aliens, i am only saying i don't disregard the theory.

man trying to mimic mother nature in a lab is like my 4 year old nephew trying to write the code for this website on his chalkboard. the circles remind me of fractals because many of them are a repeating pattern that turns in/out of itself. it neednt look complicated to be a fractal. magnetic storms is just a theory, but if you believe that all circles aren't man made then you look at theories openly.

there are so many things on this planet that we know nothing about. it's a shame to dismiss something so easily because of a bunch of hoaxers. besides, i think it's fun to think that something crazy and mysterious is behind it. :)

and yes, they have been found in the states and canada. a great site for canadian crop circle info is here:

CCCRN
if you click on The Phenomenon: A Brief Primer, you'll see examples of what i mentioned above

Jenem said:
2) any human effort has always involved flattening the crops with boards, resulting in broken stems and crushed leaves etc.

Nope. Sorry. Not true. Some people use a garden roller, others use chains, there are lots of different ways of making crops circles. Maybe the sites you're reading just don't like mentioning that little fact as it doesn't sit so well with their grand ideas.

to make the large, fancier crop circles it must take longer than one night, even two. i would think the partially created circle would be discovered before completion.

Already addressed this point. Farmers make money out of crop circles. How often do you visit random farmers' fields in the middle of the night? On occasions where people have camped out in fields no crop circles have appeared.

So. Given that the first crop circles were much cruder than the ones we see now, given that people came forward admitted it was them and given that we have video evidence of people making crop circles, why would an alien use the medium as a message for the human race?

They would travel all this way without a means of communication? They saw this crop circle and thought 'Ooh, that's a good idea, we'll do what they just did?'. If you wanted to get a message across, and found that only a small subsection was paying attention while everyone else, including the people with power were laughing them off as loons, wouldn't you change your format? If you wanted to get your message across, no matter what it was, wouldn't you choose something a little bit more conclusive?

Where is the logic in an alien race desperately wanting to contact us that they would carry on with the same method for 30 years even though it's clearly not working? Wouldn't a message contained within a piece of obvious machinery be more likely to grab people's attention? Where is the logic in using a human gag as your medium for communication? And where is the logic in so badly wanting to communicate and be noticed and yet forever remaining hidden?

If it's a natural phenomenon, why did they start appearing in the 70s? We had both crops and nature long before then. Why are they more complicated now than when they first began?

When people come forward and explain how something was done, when people come forward and SHOW how something was done, where is the logic in looking for a more complicated solution? Crop circles aren't indicative of alien intelligence or natural phenomena, but they are indicative of an awful lot of people's need to believe that there is something 'out there'.

As for lights in the sky, well ball lightening is real, but seeing a glow in the sky while you're making a crop circle doesn't mean that balls of light are making crop circles. No, it was still just the person who saw the ball of light that made the crop circle. Maybe if someone saw the ball of light making a crop circle, and got it on film, then there would be evidence of some other force at work. But, for some reason, they never do manage to get anything like that on film.

http://www.csicop.org

the theory behind aliens creating ufos is that they could be messages we haven't figured out how to translate yet. if an alien culture was creating them in an effort to contact us it could be in the same way as 2001: a space odyssey. they are waiting til we are smart enough to figure it out. i'm not saying that i believe it IS aliens, i am only saying i don't disregard the theory.

That could very well be true if some crop circles are alian...

Like you said with that craft hovering, the alian, if their was one, could have been trying to read what this farmer had put...

If some are alian made then their symbols could be like egyptions or chinese, most of us don't understand their symbols I'm sure...

I don't see why farmers would want to make a crop circle... They will only need to cut the crops for the food or whatever they were growing for -
1) To feed himself
2) To feed the people, us greedy humans ;)
3) To make a profit :p
Why put in all that effort when you can make enough money from growing crops?

RainbowGurl said:
I don't see why farmers would want to make a crop circle... They will only need to cut the crops for the food or whatever they were growing for -
1) To feed himself
2) To feed the people, us greedy humans ;)
3) To make a profit :p
Why put in all that effort when you can make enough money from growing crops?

http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=1350178

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/218748.stm

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/story.jsp?story=538392

Back