• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Current Non-Fiction reads

Biologie Animale - Les cordés : Anatomie Comparée des vertébrés - André Beaumont, Pierre Cassier, Daniel Richard .
Grand cours d'Anatomie artistique - Homme, animaux, Anatomie Comparée -András SZUNYOGHY, György FEHER . / Grand cours d'Anatomie artistique : L'ANIMAL - András SZUNYOGHY, György FEHER .

aimage1.archambault.ca_2_6_E_F_JLI2551780.1378892106.320x320.jpg

( ... )
VOCATION ALPINE - ARMAND CHARLET .

aa400.idata.over_blog.com_190x300_0_43_52_52_vocation_alpine001.jpg

Last edited:
A Universe From Nothing - Lawrence M. Krauss. Quite informative and interesting so far regarding the origin of the universe, adding further information to that presented in other popularizations currently available (viz. Greene and Hawking). He is an avowed anti-Creationist and somewhat sophomoric though brilliant, so one has also to put up with the usual mockery of religious beliefs and certain groups, "scriptural literalists, in Tennessee, Ohio and a few other states" for example. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Just started Rebecca Skloot's The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks, which looks like a very interesting read about the human cost of medical advances, though there's already a slightly worrying sentimental overtone.

Nazisploitation!: The Nazi Image in Low-Brow Cinema and Culture byDaniel H. Magilow (Editor), Elizabeth Bridges (Editor), Kristin T. Vander Lugt (Editor) ~ various essays on the most repugnant genre of exploitation film.

51Ov6aH9YgL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Turn Off Your Mind: The Mystic Sixties and the Dark Side of the Age of Aquarius by Gary Lachman (Gary Valentine from Blondie).

The Greater Journey--Americans in Paris

The Greater Journey--Americans in Paris, by David McCullough. I recently finished the audiobook version and it was interesting, but very slow. Definitely not as good as 1776 or John Adams but still an interesting book. I'd recommend the abridged version b/c the book covers interesting material--the educational diaspora of American artists, physicians, and writers to Paris during a time when America was still a global backwater--but is far to slow and verbose for me to recommend the full length version.

Leonardo Noto

Yes. The author is British and he spends a year in Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan has such a fascinating history. I can't wait to go.

Ah, still, there's not nearly enough literature out there about Kazakhstan so it is all welcome. My grandfather is Kazakhstani and if his stories are anything to go by then it is a fascinating place, you are in for a unique experience.

I love meat. I've had horse before. I want to try kumiss and kumyran. Oh, and the Aport apple.

I can handle all the mutton and whatnot, but think I'd be too chicken to try the horse. Did you like it?
Koumiss at first few sips is unfortunate in taste but it improves the more you drink it. Kumyran, has never appealed because camels are stinky!

It was horse sausage. It was fine. Just redder than the bear and reindeer sausage I tried.

Aux Origines de la Biologie Moderne - L'Anatomie Comparée d'Aristote à la Théorie de l'Évolution - Stéphane Schmitt .
ANATOMIE COMPARÉE des Mammifères domestiques, Tome 1 OSTÉOLOGIE - Robert Barone .
Cartes Géologiques : Vielle-Aure et Bagnères-de-Luchon, BRGM .

awww.lavoisier.fr_couvertures_2061941.jpg apmcdn.priceminister.com_photo_Collectif_Vielle_Aure_Livre_895444839_ML.jpg

Last edited:
Back