• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
fluffy bunny said:
Started on Jeffrey Eugenides' Middlesex on Mile-O's recommendation. I like the writing style of this one thus far (though I'm only a few pages in).

How now? Finished/still reading?

Martin said:
I'm currently reading The Crow Road by Iain Banks - he scoring points in my book!

Where is that set? I only ask because there's a Crow Road in Glasgow in much the same way there's an Espedair Street (another Banks novel) not that far from me.

Abulafia said:
How now? Finished/still reading?

well I mislaid it last month, so I'll get back to it after the current book: The Crimson petal and the white (which I'm getting less and less enamored with as I read- only 150 pages left)

fluffy bunny said:
The Crimson petal and the white (which I'm getting less and less enamored with as I read- only 150 pages left)

You'll be completely nonplussed by the ending. :D

Abulafia said:
You'll be completely nonplussed by the ending. :D

I hate it when you're right. It's like the author thought, "Sod it I'm bored." Faber writes beautifully, but his sense of pace and plot could be improved.

Anyway, I'm moving onto a nice relatively thin book: Frankenstein.

fluffy bunny said:
I hate it when you're right. It's like the author thought, "Sod it I'm bored." Faber writes beautifully, but his sense of pace and plot could be improved.
He just seemed to drop completely out of the style he'd sent up earlier in the book, which was particularly annoying since it was that that hooked me into the book in the first place. :(

I'm currently reading Good Omens - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. I'm nearly done and I must say I'm really enjoying this book. One of the first books that I've actually laughed out loud while reading. :rolleyes:

Bernard said:
I'm currently reading Good Omens - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. I'm nearly done and I must say I'm really enjoying this book. One of the first books that I've actually laughed out loud while reading. :rolleyes:

Have you read any of the discworld books? Or "the unadulterated cat"? They made me laugh out loud also :)

I'm reading...

What a carve up - Jonathon Coe
Stalag - I forget who
The righteous gentile - again forget
Lady Oracle - Margaret Atwood
A clockwork Orange

Mostly it depends on which room I'm in when i decide to read :)

what I'm reading

I'm reading Jasper Fforde, The Eyre Affair (second time around for me) then I'm going on to read his two others by the end of the month. :)

Let me know what you think (of thought) of The Eyre Affair - I'm planning on reading it soon.

Cheers

Currently battling through On the Road by Jack Kerouac, which is not exactly what i thought it would be, and is in fact pretty boring! Im sure theres some deeper subtlety im not getting here, but hey, what else is new!

May give it up and go onto 1984, shall put it on my 'read in an emergency book drought' pile :D

Phil

Not very big, just the Silmarillion and the Iliad at the moment (plus, you know, all those uni textbooks that i was meant to read for my course :D)

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back