• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I guess I'd say that infants are under 2 years of age, where as a child is under 12 years of age.

Yeah, something like that.

Webster's defines "child" as a young person especially between infancy and youth. That really clarifies things. Doesn't it? ;)

And an "Infant" is a child in the first period of life. It doesn't say exactly how long that first period is, though. Six months? Two years? Twenty years? :confused:

Infancy is just very early childhood. I don't know if it has an official cut off date, unless you go by the age you leave Infant school and go on to Junior school, which I think is when you're about 7.

The Magician said:
I am currently reading Magician David Blaines Mysterious Stranger. It is a good book if you like Magic.

If you like magic mixed in with serial killing, (and who doesn't?), you might want to check out Jeffery Deaver's "The Vanished Man"....Godd stuff.

Last night I started "Legacies" by F.Paul Wilson. It's the 2nd in the Repairman Jack series. Your basic gun for hire with a bit of monster bad guys thrown in the mix. Pretty deep huh? :D

RaVeN

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

I am about halfway thru this thought provoking book. It goes into the ethics of having a child to save a child's life. A little girl was born to be the genetic match for her sister who has leakemia. When she turns 13, she brings suit against her parents to be medically emancipated so she can make her own decisions about what she willl and will not do medically for her sister. It is a very deep story. Even tho I have not finished it yet, I would highly recommend it. :D

oh yeah? right now I'm reading my brother's keeper by stanislaus joyce. it's dumb. it's like a bucket of icewater in your face.

SenoraG said:
I am about halfway thru this thought provoking book. It goes into the ethics of having a child to save a child's life. :D
Ooh. That sounds interesting. I've always been sickened to hear about parents having children so they can harvest bits of them to save their existing child. It would really screw up your child's life when they found out. :(

I'm about to start Chocolat by Joanne Harris - it was recommended by Sillywabbit in my newbie introduction post. If its crap I'm gonna kill him :) If I can find him :/

SenoraG said:
I am about halfway thru this thought provoking book. It goes into the ethics of having a child to save a child's life. A little girl was born to be the genetic match for her sister who has leakemia. When she turns 13, she brings suit against her parents to be medically emancipated so she can make her own decisions about what she willl and will not do medically for her sister. It is a very deep story. Even tho I have not finished it yet, I would highly recommend it. :D

Been thinking about picking this one up. Very interesting concept.

Freya said:
I'm about to start Chocolat by Joanne Harris - it was recommended by Sillywabbit in my newbie introduction post. If its crap I'm gonna kill him :) If I can find him :/

Ha ha ha! You will NEVER find me! :D

Anyway, I have nothing to worry about as it's a good book :)

You need to make sure you have plenty of chocolate to hand while you're reading it. I kept getting hungry and glum. :(

Hey Wabbit, have you checked out "The Book of Bunny Suicides" by Andy Riley? If the cover is any indication, it's good for quite a few laughs.

RaVeN

Litany said:
You need to make sure you have plenty of chocolate to hand while you're reading it. I kept getting hungry and glum. :(

I'm half way through and so far have eaten a huge bar of galaxy and a little chocolate trifle. Ooops.

SillyWabbit said:
Ha ha ha! You will NEVER find me! :D

Anyway, I have nothing to worry about as it's a good book :)

Well, on the strength of me quite enjoying Chocolat so far... I also bought House of the Spirits. Looks like you're safe for the time being - but watch out if this book takes a sudden turn for the worse!

Freya said:
Well, on the strength of me quite enjoying Chocolat so far... I also bought House of the Spirits. Looks like you're safe for the time being - but watch out if this book takes a sudden turn for the worse!

House of Spirits is great! You should enjoy that a lot :) Now... Pass me some of that chocolate :D

Raven said:
Hey Wabbit, have you checked out "The Book of Bunny Suicides" by Andy Riley? If the cover is any indication, it's good for quite a few laughs.

RaVeN

Yup, have seen that! Saw it on Amazon and got it for a friends birthday. Inspired! :)

If I like House of the Spirits I'll be appointing you Official Book Picker, and I'll never have to make a decision again :) I'll pay you in chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back