• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bb.

Hope to be posting a bit more soon. Sounds like you're not a Graham Greene fan! And I thought I was the only one who didn't appreciate the Catholic drunkard. He was born only 10 miles from me, but even so, his stuff is rather tedious if you ask me.

Skycat

I'm halfway through Love in the Time of Cholera and I'm giving up. It's one of dullest, most pointless books ever written. A dreadful shambles of a rambling excuse for a book. Dull. Dull. Dull.

I hate every single one of the characters. I don't care what happens to any of them, not that anything ever does anyway. It's complete trash. I've wasted days on this book. I might give it up for book crossing, but at the same time I'd feel bad if someone picked it up and felt compelled to read it.

Great Journeys: The Official Tie-in Volume to the Acclaimed Public Television Series by Philip Jones Griffiths et al

A non-fiction travel book. A little dry, but I am in the mood for dry.

I'm just about done Anna Karenina (a tad tedious at times but good), and I'm going to go back to Love in the Time of Cholera which I put on hold for Anna Karenina.

Finished Great Journeys and now I am about to begin A Faint Cold Fear by Karin Slaughter. Looks to be a good mystery.

:D

Love Karin Slaughter have read her 1st 3 ,not long finished A Faint Cold Fear and have her latest Indelible on my TBR pile.
cheers bev

I read Aldous Huxley's "Ape and Essence" yesterday, and while it's tempting to say that he sometimes sacrifices "the novel" (or screenplay, if you will) for the sake of pushing his ideas through, I find him to be an utter joy to read. Thankfully I've only read five or so books, so there's plenty more to pick from!

Just started on Herbert Read's "The Green Child"

Philip K. Dick - Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?

after that I think I'll read Eyeless In Gaza by Aldous Huxley

Finished DeMille's The Charm School . What a rubbish book :mad: It's twice as long as it should have been, with DeMille taking every opportunity he can to bash KGB controlled Russia and he's not even subtle about it (they beat their wives you know- like that's unheard of in the States). The writing style whilst readable wasn't above average to me. Over 650 pages later, there's not much more than a Rambo clone in here. You don't feel like you're following the adventures of a spy like you do with Forsyth IMHO. In short I didn't like it.

Anyway, currently reading Flynn's The Wreck of the River of Stars and I'm enjoying it thus far. Good characterisation, and a tinge of sadness that the age of sail's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back