• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor Fisher of Geneva, or The Bomb Party by Graham Greene. Not sure about it yet, though I love some of Greene's books, particularly The Human Factor. Not crazy about his Central American priest books.

I'm a fan of Graham Greene. I recently read -- oh -- the one about the man who committed suicide. He was a Catholic and he had this simply dreadful wife. (Well, his mistress was dreadful, too. Poor man, even eternal damnation must have seemed better to him than having to go on living with those two women.)

What was the name of that book...

At the moment the books I am reading (as in, I have read atleast like 5 pages into the book) are the following

The Dharma Bums byJack Kerouac
The Motorcycle Diareis byChe Guevara
Beyond Good & Evil byFriedrich Nietszche
The Great Gastby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

I'm the furthest probably in Dharma Bums or Motorcycle Diaries.

Miss Shelf said:
Oh yeah, I did! :) Did you read "Monkeewrench", the first book?

I sure have :) Although its called 'Want to Play' over this side of the puddle. Not sure why it changed name. Maybe because Monkey Wrench over here is a mechanics tool

aimages_eu.amazon.com_images_P_0141011327.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Dogtanian said:
I sure have :) Although its called 'Want to Play' over this side of the puddle. Not sure why it changed name. Maybe because Monkey Wrench over here is a mechanics tool

a monkeywrench is a tool here, too! I don't really understand why book titles change here and in the UK. Maybe they felt Brits wouldn't go for a book named after a wrench, even if the name was "monkee"-ah, that's it-probably didn't want to be associated with The Monkees.

Im reading Angel's & Demons by Dan Brown right now... it's soo good! And I'm going to be reading Ender's Game for school in the next month... I sure hope it's good... I did like Rebecca though... great ending!

^YES, Angels&Demons is one hell of a book. The BEST. :)

I am currently reading Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee.

audreybee said:
Just started reading The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis last night. Very enjoyable so far.

Hi audreybee
I've got this book on my 'to read list' let me know what you think of it.

I've just started 'Telegram from Guernica' by Nicholas Rankin

Cabrasopa :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back