• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brethern is one of my favourite Grisham books, I really enjoyed it! I'm currently reading Lolita, really enjoying it so far.

I have just got back from the library, and intend to start Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald very soon.

Amazon.com Reviews
A sprawling saga about five generations of a family from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Fall on Your Knees is the impressive first fiction from Canadian playwright and actor Ann-Marie MacDonald. This epic tale of family history, family secrets, and music centers on four sisters and their relationships with each other and with their father. Set in the coal-mining communities of Nova Scotia in the early part of this century, the story also shifts to the battlefields of World War I and the jazz scene of New York City in the 1920s.
I have heard a lot of good things, so I can't wait.

I have just got back from the library, and intend to start Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald very soon.

oooo! A-M Macdonald is my writer crush! She also hosts a thing on the CBC here plus she played my favourite character (geeky sexually frustrated book store ownder in love with the tranny girl) in my favourite movie (Better than Chocolate! I might have to read that book again, I'd kind of forgotten about it.

I just started Milan Kundera's Ignorance this morning; 71 pages in and it's, to be fair, average. Review, of course, to follow.

I have two books going at the moment: It's My Ovaries,Stupid by Elizabeth Vliet, and Book Lust by Nancy Pearl.
There's only so much medical knowledge I can grasp at a time, so I started something a little easier on my poor, over-taxed synapses..of course my list of Books to Get Around To One Of These Days is growing by leaps and bounds!

I'm just about to start The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan:

Amazon.com
Four mothers, four daughters, four families whose histories shift with the four winds depending on who's "saying" the stories. In 1949 four Chinese women, recent immigrants to San Francisco, begin meeting to eat dim sum, play mahjong, and talk. United in shared unspeakable loss and hope, they call themselves the Joy Luck Club. Rather than sink into tragedy, they choose to gather to raise their spirits and money. "To despair was to wish back for something already lost. Or to prolong what was already unbearable." Forty years later the stories and history continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back