• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but I've done gerbil hair in a bong once. You won't believe the amount of Dr Pepper it takes to erase the taste.

RaVeN

Just Read : 'A widow for one year' by John Irving

Currently Read : P&P by Jane Austen

Non - Fiction by Patricia Cornwell

I just finished Airport and am starting Portrait Of A Killer - Case Closed by Patricia Cornwell. I love the legends behind Jack The Ripper and will read anything on it.

Originally posted by Mile-O-Phile
if on a winter's night a traveller by Italo Calvino

Hi !

Looked this up on Amazon and sounds very intriguing :) What do you think of it? Is it any good? Please say NO! I don't add to my ever growing "buy" list lol

Regards
Sillywabbit

I'm currently halfway through 'Behold the Man' by Micheal Moorock (of Elric fame).

Going back in time to the time of Christ? It's not bad thus far, but it's not troubling my list of top books either. So far, it's had discussion of theology, questioning faith and the quest for identity from both sides of the arguement.

I've got a feeling that the book's leading up to:
If Jesus never existed, would that make Christianity any less valid?

The concepts explored are grounded in theology and seem solid enough. I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet however. Despite its length, it isn't really light reading.

The main protagonist is someone whom I can't really identify with (sucicidal, looking for answers etc), and some of his experiences were disturbing to say the least.

Word to the easily offended- there are one or 2 scenes in which Moorock is quite rebellious and doesn't pull any punches with regards to the source material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back