• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Curse of the Pogo Stick

chiangmaifalcon

I just reread The Curse of the Pogo Stick by Colin Cotterill. It is one of the seven Dr. Siri mysteries and do not know to call it mystery, horror or fantasy. it is about coroner of Laos so it is mystery but other theme of stories is that Dr. Siri can see spirits and is himself inhabited by spirit of 1200 year old Hmong shaman named Yeh Ming. In addition to all this it is very informative about Laos which is a country I love and also very, very funny: especially about communism, which does not seem funny but somehow author makes it seem hilarious.

They do not need to be read in order. In fact, in the front of the books the author says that they do not have to be read in order, though it is maybe helpful to read The Coroner's lunch first as it is first book. But not neccessary.

I am going to check this series out, it sounds great. Will order that first book off of Amazon soon.

They do not need to be read in order. In fact, in the front of the books the author says that they do not have to be read in order, though it is maybe helpful to read The Coroner's lunch first as it is first book. But not neccessary.

That's the one I requested from the library. I liked the author's website. Looks like an interesting guy.

Back