• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Daily greetings

be79e828e93d8b9aa41bcba8774d2f13-orig.jpg

DATo, maybe your hat has something to do with your paranoia about a stalking taxidermist.

I'm trying to game out the remaining March Madness basketball games. Now I'm cheering for Stanford and Michigan State. I hated to see Gonzaga lose yesterday.

SLEEPY, Now THAT is one hell of hat!!! I can just imagine myself bringing that girl home to meet mom ..... "Mother dearest, I'd like you to meet my betrothed. You're just not going to believe all the little creatures she has living in her hair!" Knowing my mom she'd prolly spray her with Lysol and throw her out ... and me along with her *LOL*

We had a kerfluffel in Northfield yesterday... there was a shooting about a block away from my house, involving the rapper Chief Keef, who's been renting a house in the neighborhood. Mr. Rogers, he's not, unfortunately. Anyway, they've closed off Happ Road for the crime scene processing and say it will be closed till Friday. Really? If this were downtown Chicago, they wouldn't dare! But the "Regional North Shore Task Force" is in charge... ahh... the North Shore...

We had a kerfluffel in Northfield yesterday... there was a shooting about a block away from my house, involving the rapper Chief Keef, who's been renting a house in the neighborhood. Mr. Rogers, he's not, unfortunately. Anyway, they've closed off Happ Road for the crime scene processing and say it will be closed till Friday. Really? If this were downtown Chicago, they wouldn't dare! But the "Regional North Shore Task Force" is in charge... ahh... the North Shore...

Wait . . . a rapper living on the North Shore? How will his street cred survive this?

That's amazing, though, that they just blithely close off the street for more than a day.

Wait . . . a rapper living on the North Shore? How will his street cred survive this?

That's amazing, though, that they just blithely close off the street for more than a day.

Well, if there is any chance of catching the perps, they have to gather evidence, shell casings etc., right? Check out the trajectories? Plus, it can't be the only crime scene they have to process. Fortunate that it's only a day. :)

Well, if there is any chance of catching the perps, they have to gather evidence, shell casings etc., right? Check out the trajectories? Plus, it can't be the only crime scene they have to process. Fortunate that it's only a day. :)

Actually, knowing the area, maybe it IS the only crime scene to process.which would possibly account for their taking their sweet time.

First Maine Colonial, now you. What's happening in the basement, did someone turn the heating off?

Hey, CB, you come down into the basement, and then you ask if someone turned the heating off? Tsk tsk. You were supposed to fiddle with the thermostat on your way down.

I have a question for you. I was snooping on your profile page because I wondered what kind of books you like, and I lit up when I saw On the Road and Iain M. Banks's Use of Weapons. (I haven't read the Hardy you list.) I love Banks, but I haven't read that particular book. Could you please tell me why you like it?

May I?

Use of Weapons
is probably the best book in the Culture series.

Interesting structure, almost like two books interwoven. Skaffen is the best character build I've ever read for a machine based life form. I actually think he is one of my favorite characters of all time and I left that book wanting to meet him for dinner. This is saying a lot because I generally found Banks' ship personalities the most interesting. For example, Falling Outside Normal Moral Constraints was brilliant in my opinion.

If that isn't enough, I never saw it coming. Not until it was too late to brag about it anyway. If you are already fond of the Culture universe you need to read it.

Disclaimer: CB is the reason I read the series at all. I had The Hydrogen Sonata on my Kindle because sparky recommended it, then this guy comes along with "hey dummies, that is book 10 in the series.

Cost me months, he did. I do not forgive him.

Last edited:
May I?

Use of Weapons
is probably the best book in the Culture series.

Interesting structure, almost like two books interwoven. Skaffen is the best character build I've ever read for a machine based life form. I actually think he is one of my favorite characters of all time and I left that book wanting to meet him for dinner. This is saying a lot because I generally found Banks' ship personalities the most interesting. For example, Falling Outside Normal Moral Constraints was brilliant in my opinion.

If that isn't enough, I never saw it coming. Not until it was too late to brag about it anyway. If you are already fond of the Culture universe you need to read it.

Disclaimer: CB is the reason I read the series at all. I had The Hydrogen Sonata on my Kindle because sparky recommended it, then this guy comes along with "hey dummies, that is book 10 in the series.

Cost me months, he did. I do not forgive him.

Oh man, Sneezy, it looks like you're going to cost me months, too. This looks like outrageously fun headspinning stuff. Okay, do I start with Consider Phlebas?

Back