• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown

penguinlord

Greetings;

I've read all four of Dan Brown's books (Deception Point, Digital Fortress, Angels & Demons, and The DaVinci Code) and two or three have some kind of code on the back page. Is there a place that tells, or does anyone know, what the codes mean or how to decypher them?

I've looked at the author's website www.danbrown.com and it doesn't give the info, and I posted a message in alt.books a couple of months ago and nobody there knew.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mile-O-Phile said:
What are the codes?

From Deception Point:

1-V-116-44-11-89-44-46-L-51-130-19-118-L-32-118-116-130-28-116-32-44-133-U-130

From Digital Fortress:

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

RaVeN

Frankly I have enjoyed his books very much.

Pity all the research he apparently carries out does not extend to getting his foreign languages right.

His Italian phrases in Angels and Demons, for example, are, for the most part, completely wrong. A quick check by someone with a reasonable knowledge of Italian could have avoided this problem.

Is that too much to ask?

John de Giorgio
Geneva, Switzerland

calypso said:
Pity all the research he apparently carries out does not extend to getting his foreign languages right.

What research? I wouldn't call reading and regurgitating The Holy Blood & The Holy Grail and The Gnostic Gospels research. ;)

I'm actually listening to a new lecture from the Gnostic Society that looks at some of the themes done in The Holy Blood & The Holy Grail and The Da Vinci Code. :D

You're putting an awful lot of effort into someone you wholeheartedly dislike!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Actually, it's a pursuit related to something else. The Da Vinci Code hasn't been mentioned. The theme is coincidental. I'm more interested in the apocrypha, theosophy, and hermetic texts, etc. ;)

--I already read his three other book,I'm still waiting for my Digital Fortress copy to be deliver, but there are certain things that I notice on his writing style, like the father-daughter,grandfather-daughter relationship,and then the villain,usually from high ranking official and sort of "inside-job",but I think all his books,I might say a well-researched.

«Fickle~Minded» said:
--I already read his three other book,I'm still waiting for my Digital Fortress copy to be deliver, but there are certain things that I notice on his writing style, like the father-daughter,grandfather-daughter relationship,and then the villain,usually from high ranking official and sort of "inside-job",but I think all his books,I might say a well-researched.

Well researched? I've read both Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code, and they are all bullshit.

OMG...the attack of the Clone. :eek:

Sazón said:
Well researched? I've read both Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code, and they are all bullshit.

If the first was such a steaming pile, why did you bother reading the second?

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
If the first was such a steaming pile, why did you bother reading the second?

I had heard that The Da Vinci Code was such a great novel, so I thought that reading Angels and Demons was necessary in order to enjoy the second book more.

Turns out that The Da Vinci Code was just as crappy as the first (I was hoping it wouldn't be). Same plots, essentially the same roles played by different characters, similar horrible endings, and both are full of blatantly incorrect facts.

Back