• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown

Which is under yours that reads "For a good sporking ring this number"

you bad girl! :eek:

I rang but you was out... :mad:

Pop into the stall next door, it has my mobile number written where it says 'Sporky wants a biscuit'.

Wow, people that are interested enough in books to come to a book forum and speak about literature can actually utter the words Dan Brown in the same sentence as good author and not laugh???

Some say that we have a cabal; a Book Forum Lodge. No evidence exists...we - the accused - shall never be unearthed.

Bad news for the lot of you, but I have caved, and I've put this on my wish list.

All you guys made me want to read this.

Cheers, Martin

Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

I think it won't - historical accuracy isn't the most important thing I look for in a book. Each to his own, right?

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

I think it won't - historical accuracy isn't the most important thing I look for in a book. Each to his own, right?

Cheers, Martin

Maybe not, but some semblence of talent from the writer is probably a given desire. You could listen to the audio, I hear it keeps the story in tact, but eliminates having to read his wretched prose.

Oh come on, you may not like it, but it's a damn popular book - this guy must've done something right!

Cheers, Martin

True@1stLight said:
The South Beach Diet is a popular book too. :)

Yep - I've lost 5 lbs. already, and Wolf lost 15, in 2 weeks. The point you are trying to make is -?

I used to refuse to read anything on the best seller list, and I thought I was supercool. Now I've mellowed and realized that just because something's popular doesn't mean it's bad. Doesn't mean it's good either, but at least should be evaluated on its own merits.

Back