• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dean Koontz

I liked it too. A quick, fun read. And he shows a sense of humor that I don't recall in a lot of his earlier books.

RaVeN

Maybe it was just the mood I was in that day, or I was too distracted. I will have to attempt it again later. After I returned the book I tried to find another koontz book only to find that I had read every one that the library had. :(

dolphinfire30 said:
Maybe it was just the mood I was in that day, or I was too distracted. I will have to attempt it again later. After I returned the book I tried to find another koontz book only to find that I had read every one that the library had. :(

That's too bad. Koontz is becoming one of my favorite authors and I know I don't look forward to that situation.

I enjoyed The Face.

I started reading The Servants of Twilight yesterday. I don't know how good it'll be, but he did an excellent job of grabbing my attention early.

Here's a fun Dean Koontz quote I found somewhere (I associate it with Stephen King too for some reason):

"I have the heart of a small boy.... I keep it in a jar on my desk."

Ha! But at the same time, creepy.

KristoCat said:
Here's a fun Dean Koontz quote I found somewhere (I associate it with Stephen King too for some reason):

"I have the heart of a small boy.... I keep it in a jar on my desk."

Ha! But at the same time, creepy.

Cool quote. I know I've heard that before, but I can't for the life of me remember where.

I really really love Dean Koontz, the way he writes is wonderful. Its hard to pick my favourites, but I would say that:

Life Expectancy
Watchers
Midnight
Strangers
Whispers

Are among my favourites.

I found Odd Thomas hard to get into, but enjoyed it when I did, and for some reason I hated Mr Murder, the only book of his that I don't like at all.

I am have Frankenstein: The Prodigal Son to read, and have reserved Velocity, which looks really excellent, at my library.

I'm new to his books, so I just wanted to know what are some possible books of his that will be good to start out with. The only Dean Koontz novel I'v ever read was The Taking. It was weird, but I enjoyed it. I like books that are unique and strange.

Hi Steph :) I really enjoy reading Dean Koontz's writings. I haven't read The Taking yet, but have read many others. I like his old stuff and his newer work also. One that particularly sticks out in my mind is The Face and also Lightning. Out of all his books I've read so far, I think Lightning is in my top 5. Cold Fire is good, but if you like to be scared, The Face is pretty intense.

I didn't think The taking was one of his better books really. I've read Life expectancy recently and that was much better, I thought it was really good. :)

I enjoyed The taking....also good was his latest, Velocity. I really liked that one....also Intensity is good.:)

I enjoy his books but I have to wonder if he has ever written a book without using the word twilight?

I read this really wonderful book many years ago, called 'The Servants of Twilight' (yes, the word 'twilight' was in its very title!) and it was by an author named 'Leigh Nicholls'. Looking back on it, the book was one of my all-time fave reads, since it was so beautifully well written.

So just the other day, I searched the internet to see if I could locate the book, as I would love to read it again. And guess what? It turned out to be one of Koontz's earliest novels that he'd written under a pseudonym before he became too well-known! ;)

I wouldn't say I am not a Koontz fan, although I've read only *one* of his books...

Robert said:
I enjoy his books but I have to wonder if he has ever written a book without using the word twilight?

Also, has he ever written a book that has NO dog in it?

dang, unless I'm mistaken, I don't think Velocity had a dog in it....? Not that I can think of right now anyway.....

Back