• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Desktops

Originally posted by Ashlea
I'm a realist enough to enjoy what I get. And I could really stand a decent cuppa, not an easy thing stateside. And a few days in the British Museum . . . that would so rock.

Such hideous weather, though. When's the best time to visit? Not that I can afford it for awhile.

Yes, the British Museum is AMAZING and I love it to death, it's free too :) As is the Science museum and the Natural history Museum! The National, tate and Tate Briton galleries are also free!

Best time to come? Despite our reputation of cold and rainy weather the summer here CAN be quite hot. Last year it reached 101 .F and our public transport has no air conditioning :) I suggest you avoid the mid summer which would be about June, July and August. You could come 2 months either side of those months and it should be OK :) If you ever do visit let me know if you have any questions about what to do, where to go, or how things are done and I'll try to help you in any way I can.

Regards
Martin

That's funny, that the exact same months I'd recommend for visiting here. We have an extended period of over a 100 degrees but we air condition EVERYTHING.

I wish we had built in air con! Damn country!!!! It's really the HELL in the summer, especially on the trains :) That reminds me, I MUST get some fans this year for my apartment!!!

I haven't visited Texas but have been in the airport, Very nice, and has air con lol

Regards
Wabbit

This is our desktop

(hehe Sandra it's HEEERRREE!!! =P)

desktop.gif

PS. I just noticed, attachments aren't available at all?!
I'm thinking on whether I should mention this to the mod or not. =P

I change mine on a weekly basis, but it is usually some form of 3D art....either of a nature scene or the interior of a medieval style room. Though its a puzzle that I completed and photographed, at this moment.

Right now, in work, my desktop looks like its some sort of huge bit of spunk, or something.

On my laptop, I have a landscape. Will change that later

I have a picture of Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn in LotR (as well as a screen saver). :D

(he is Danish, you know :cool: )

(okay - okay. Half Danish. :p )

Hobitten

hobitten said:
I have a picture of Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn in LotR (as well as a screen saver). :D

(he is Danish, you know :cool: )

(okay - okay. Half Danish. :p )

Hobitten

But 100% hot. :D

Mile-O-Phile said:
Right now, in work, my desktop looks like its some sort of huge bit of spunk, or something.

On my laptop, I have a landscape. Will change that later

You need to stop going to THOSE web sites. You will get hairy hands, you know?

Regards
SillyWabbit

That is soooo-ooo neat. I love it even more than the original photograph (I love Minis). I could just climb into it beside you. Yes, I know I'd have to sit in the back. And I know I'd be playing gooseberry. And I know about your driving record . . .
Mechanical, rigid, roadgrip, friction, sprockets, camshafts, mmm, mmm, mmm :cool:

Third Man Girl

That is soooo-ooo neat. I love it even more than the original photograph (I love Minis). I could just climb into it beside you.
Go right ahead! I'd love the company. You just have to fight my girlfriend though, but I'm up for it if you are!
I see you have a 'My Stuff' folder I have one of those too!!
Who doesn't, honestly?

Cheers, Martin :D

Martin said:
Go right ahead! I'd love the company. You just have to fight my girlfriend though, but I'm up for it if you are!

Plenty of room for three in a Mini. Plenty of room for five. Plenty of room for eight. Believe me - or try it :D
Cuddly, bony, squishy, elbows, knees, perfume . . . WATCH THE ROAD :eek:

Third Man Girl

Back