• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Desktops

Wabbit

Hello all :D

I was wondering... What's on your desktops???

I think it's interesting what people have for a desktop on their puters and you can, sometimes, tell a lot about people from what stuff they pick for it. My desktop is a pic of a puppy being drowned... kidding :D No, my desktop is a painting of a flamenco dancer.

What's on your desktop? :)

Good question, SillyBuns!

Johnny Depp in 'From Hell' :

A headshot in red lighting - looks more like a painting than a photograph.

Third Man Girl

Currently a blue-toned, rather mystical looking scene of Orlando Bloom as Legolas rowing across a river, with Elvish writing at the top and bottom of the picture. I have no idea what the writing says - it could be something really rude for all I know! :)

Right now there's a sleek picture of a 'Ferrari Modena 260' .. blue in colour, with great curves:D
man.. i'll kill to own that car!

Originally posted by piedro
Right now there's a sleek picture of a 'Ferrari Modena 260' .. blue in colour, with great curves:D
man.. i'll kill to own that car!

Don't you mean, I would rob a bank for that car? lol You would probably have to! lol

Murphyz, your desktop would give my husband a heart attack.

I have a beautiful pic of Stonehenge on a sunny day. This tells the following things about me:
1) I am goofy for all things English, but have never been to England so have an idealized view of it.
2) I have an ongoing flirtation with all things mystical.
3) I'm too lazy to download anything else - it was one of the included options with Windows XP.

Originally posted by SillyWabbit
Don't you mean, I would rob a bank for that car? lol You would probably have to! lol

nice idea wabbit! i'll think about it ;)
P.S - which bank do you have your account in?:)

Originally posted by piedro
nice idea wabbit! i'll think about it ;)
P.S - which bank do you have your account in?:)

Let me guess... you are the son of former president of Nigeria? :D

Regards
Wabbit

Originally posted by Ashlea

I have a beautiful pic of Stonehenge on a sunny day. This tells the following things about me:
1) I am goofy for all things English, but have never been to England so have an idealized view of it.

My advice: NEVER visit :D lol

Regards
Cynical Wabbit

On my desktop there's a picture I took of my backyard:

Image1.jpg

No, kidding, it's a natural park close to my home, which I went to a couple of weeks ago, with my girlfriend. Did take the picture myself, though.

Cheers, Martin :D

I've got a photo of Kilchurn Castle on Loch Awe in Argyll, Scotland set as my desktop wallpaper. Its from a set of Scottish photos which I downloaded for free a few years back for use as a screensaver.

I like yours, Martin, as its your own photo and therefore personal. For a while last year I had a photo of Derwent Water near Keswick as my desktop background. It was a photo I took on holiday last June.

A few hours drive from me is a wolf park research facility for several packs of gray wolves. On my desktop is a picture of one of them, Kiri, who has the most haunting pair of yellow eyes.

Bill

Why thank you, thank you.

It's not really my backyard, you know. It's a natural park 20 minutes away from my house. It's very pretty there. I went there with my girlfriend a couple of weeks ago and made that picture.

You like it?

Cheers, Martin :D

Originally posted by murphyz
sigh - if only I could see my desktop.

I have an emoticon stuck there which I accidentally set to the background one time...otherwise it's a mixture of files that I am working on at any given time and gets cleared every once in a while.

ho hum

http://www.ancient-egyptians.net/guestbook/public/img-1076809056.gif

Mxx
I kinda like your desktop. It's clogged with stuff, but it's an organized clogged, you know, nothing like some of the other clogged desktops I've seen (and I've seen quite a few; they brought out the cleaner in me)

But yes, the emoticon looks a bit silly. ;o)

Originally posted by SillyWabbit
My advice: NEVER visit :D lol

Regards
Cynical Wabbit

I'm a realist enough to enjoy what I get. And I could really stand a decent cuppa, not an easy thing stateside. And a few days in the British Museum . . . that would so rock.

Such hideous weather, though. When's the best time to visit? Not that I can afford it for awhile.

Originally posted by RaVeN
A few hours drive from me is a wolf park research facility for several packs of gray wolves. On my desktop is a picture of one of them, Kiri, who has the most haunting pair of yellow eyes.

Bill

That sounds wonderful! My hubby's name is Wolf, so we have quite a few wolf pics about. They're such beautiful animals.

I have a Rembrandt self-portrait on my desktop right now; I also have John Singer Sargent's "Lady Agnew of Lochnaw" which I put up sometimes.

My work computer has a picture of clear blue Pacific waves. Unfortunately I've got a bit jaded to it so it doesn't soothe me like it used to -- might be time for a change!

Back