• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

details

honeydevil

Hey hey, i ran this question already in another forum and i got really cool answers so here it comes... wait... it's almost there... there it comes.. :D

how do you live? like with whom do you live together, when do you get up, what do you like for breakfast, how often you have sex, if you are a procrastenator...or anything else, like what does your coffeecup looks, what colors do you have on your walls, how many children, grandchildren, what you like to eat...

I live in a garret apartment with my husband, Eliott, under the eaves of a quaint building in the Dupont Circle section of Washington, DC. It's as close to a Greenwich Village as you can get in Washington, though it still isn't that close.

The setting is perfect for us because we're poor little attic mice, er, I mean writers. If I remember correctly, the walls of our nest are off white, but I haven't seen them in a couple of years because they are completely covered with bookcases.

That's about all we have: bookcases, three tables and chairs, a bed, a wardrobe, all wood, all antique. One table serves as my work area, one as his, and one for eating. It has two lovely candlesticks on it.

Our laptop computers are the only objects in the room that look modern. We have no TV or stereo. The windows of our fourth-floor walkup look over the historic neighborhood.

In theory, we wake at sunrise, but doze and lounge sometimes for hours. Even when we get out of bed for the day, we're not much into clothes. Breakfast is simple, usually toast, oatmeal, bananas, juice, tea. For any meal, we're not into advanced cooking, though we like to make elaborate salads, and love fresh fruit.

We are pretty good about sitting at our tables and writing. We do get out, browsing for books, or doing research for our writing at the Library of Congress. We love Washington. It's a city of monuments and free museums. We also know all the romantic and inexpensive places to eat.

We are 24, met in college in an acting class, have no children. We both studied English Literature.

And sex? Well, when we work at home, we take breaks. Nuff sed?

Cheers,
Mari

Sorry to barge in here, but I have to ask - does the writing make you enough money to live on?

If so, than that's a pretty cool lifestyle!

how do you live? - My girlfriend and I moved in together some six months ago, in a completely hideous apartment. It had every colour imaginable. We put a lot of effort and money into it, and we turned it into our little palace. We live in a small city, but beyond that it's nature, nature, natue. Very nice surroundings.

like with whom do you live together - The love of my life who I've known for about one fifth of my life now.

when do you get up - Just now; it's 11 am. Which is just about normal, I guess. I have no classes anymore - all I have to do is finish my internship and write a thesis, both of which I can do from home. That means sleeping in every day.

what do you like for breakfast - Nothing, I can't eat in the morning.

how often you have sex - A lot more often than before we moved in together. :)

if you are a procrastenator - God yes! I invented it. Look it up in a dictionary, and you'll find my picture next to it. I do it waaaay too much. It seems to work, though - I procrastinated my way through University.

what does your coffeecup look like - I hate coffee. Uggg!

what colors do you have on your walls - the walls are off-white. In the bedroom we painted one wall darkgreen, and in the living room and dining room we painted one wall dark brown - gives a really nice effect.

how many children, grandchildren - None and none; for crying out loud, woman, I'm 25!

what you like to eat - I like many things, but I'm a prettry simple guy; give me a loaf of bread and something good to put on it, and I'm happy.

NEXT!

Cheers

how do you live? - I live with my husband. A small, lovely 2-room house on the first floor with a huge balcony in front of it.

like with whom do you live together - My husband.

when do you get up - Weekdays - 6.30. Weekends 10 :D

what do you like for breakfast - The first thing I want is a cup of milk, followed by hmmm.. idli, probably!

how often you have sex - Considering that I have been married for just 5 months.... you get the point, right?

if you are a procrastinator - hmmm... welll... errr.... may be.... may be not....

what does your coffeecup look like - I dont have any! I do have a BIG mug which I use for milk. It has a cow's face on one side and a small tail on the other.

what colors do you have on your walls - Hey, I dont seem to remember! Oh yeah, off-white in all the rooms.

how many children, grandchildren - No children. But I have 5 grandchildren ;)

what you like to eat - okay, let me see.... dosa, idli, pani-puri,vada-paav, rasam. Sorry, no pizza!

"Hey hey, i ran this question already in another forum"

Yes she did, and she did not give her answers to her own questions in that forum either...

I say boycott this thread until we hear about her... :D :D

come on honey, give it up.....

Martin -- We make enough money to eat and buy books, so we're happy.

Sanyuja -- Another newlywed! We've been married six months.

like with whom do you live together--a budgie named Pocahontas

when do you get up--I shoot for 9 and usually make 10

what do you like for breakfast--black coffee

how often you have sex--Do you mean like, with someone? Not nearly often enough

if you are a procrastenator--a prodigious one

what does your coffeecup looks like--it's from my State Rep, has the State of Texas seal on one side and hir name on the other

what colors do you have on your walls--apartment white, but I have lots of framed art

how many children--zero

grandchildren--this is kind of a gimme after the last one

what you like to eat--I'm not wild about milk, I loathe mayonnaise, and I'm occasionally suspicious of Chinese restaurant food, but other than that, it's all good.

how do you live? - In a fairly large apartment until I finish grad school and we can save up $ for a house.

like with whom do you live together - My husband, two cats, and a lot of fish.

when do you get up - 5:15am, 5:30am on weekends

what do you like for breakfast - Usually I have oatmeal or cereal

how often you have sex - Often enough

if you are a procrastinator - No....not at all. In fact, the running joke is that I've already completed next semester's homework.

what does your coffeecup look like - Don't have one...don't drink coffee. My morning drink is a can of Diet Dr. Pepper

what colors do you have on your walls - off-white...we can't paint them, or they'd be colorful.

how many children, grandchildren - Two cats....that's enough for me!

what you like to eat - Lots of things.

thanks thats cool, but you know i didn't limit the information, i didn't look for specific things, maybe you have things to tell which you like best about the person you live with, or what music your cat likes or what art is hanging on your walls, how often your mother (monster) in law visits...

oh and moto, i don't give any informations, because i can't decide what i tell you. Do i tell you where i am right now, or where i was and will be again in about two month! :D

The things I like best about the person I live with are not suitable for description on a forum that doesn't have a higher age limit.

I am a cat, and I like classical music.

My mother in law never visits; thank the gods.

I don't know how interesting they are, but here are some details about me:

I tie a knot in the exact middle of my boot laces so that they never get too far to one side or the other.
I've never paid for a haircut.
I always pick up pennies I find on the ground.
I was two months pre-mature.
I have excellent handwriting - not fancy, but exceedingly legible.

I live with my husband of 11 years with our four children and one dog in a house in the countryside near many of his family members. Our house still needs some remodelling work and I am lucky to actually like my in-laws/neighbors. The walls are cream colored, but once the kids are little older, I plan on repainting them something more interesting. We have lots of woodwork in the house. Both hubby and I are handy with a hammer and saw and together we built three of the beds in our house, with two more needed and planned. We have a large vegetable garden and raise chickens and rabbits as well.

honeydevil said:
what music your cat likes
Gracie likes Strongbad Sings, Emmie seems to prefer country

honeydevil said:
or what art is hanging on your walls
Livingroom: sewing my mother did of a P Buckley Moss painting, a print of Persistance of Memory by Dali, a picture of Burrus Hall at Virginia Tech (my alma mater), and two drawings that I did of birds.

Bedroom: Five posters of great cats...two lion posters, one tiger, one leopard, and one black panther, plus a drawing my mom did of a mountain lion and a framed photo of a lion cub.

Bathroom: Les Irises by Van Gogh

Study: My chemical engineering class print, a picture of my high school band from when I was drum major, a big poster of a tabby cat, the periodic table, and photos of my cats.

honeydevil said:
how often your mother (monster) in law visits...
Not all that often, we visit her more often. I totally love my in-laws, though, so I have no reason to dread their visits.

how do you live?
For starters I breathe - it makes living so much easier.

like with whom do you live together
I'm not joined to anyone. I'm just one person in one body, though sometimes when I talk to myself it's almost like I'm two people.

when do you get up
I usually get up whenever I have a need to, like if I need to use the potty.

what do you like for breakfast
food of course

how often you have sex
do you mean with someone else or myself?

if you are a procrastenator...or anything else
maybe I am and maybe I'm not

like what does your coffeecup looks
my cup can't see

what colors do you have on your walls
coloring on the walls is wrong

how many children
does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

what you like to eat
food, of course

how do you live? I live very well and comfortably in a large house. My friends always like to come here.

like with whom do you live together Parents.

when do you get up About 6 o'clock in the morning every weekday and about 8 o'clock on weekend.

what do you like for breakfast French-styled breakfast cooked by my mom, like omelette, baguette, & some french toaster. Milk & french cheese.

how often you have sex I haven't had sex because I'm just a little kid, in term of immaturity, not height.

if you are a procrastenator Perhaps not because I'm a perfectionist. ;)

what does your coffeecup look like My family, myself included, is fond of Starbuck. :)

what colors do you have on your walls Mostly light blue.

how many children, grandchildren Too young for such. :cool:

what you like to eat Chiefly European food. Some non-spicy Oriental food is also accepted.

Cheers,
Infinity

what are you recopiling info for the book forum's stalkers newsletter? :confused:

how do you live? with sadness and without dirrection on life

like with whom do you live together? at the moment with other 5 students.

when do you get up? last month has been crazy, been getting to bed at ten am, and waking up at six pm. :eek:

what do you like for breakfast? scramble eggs, pancakes, quesadillas (not on the same breakfast) and milk.

how often you have sex? everytime i meet a naive enough girl :p .

if you are a procrastenator? i actually had to check that word in an english dictionary, and yep, that word describes the last 6 months of my life :(

what does your coffeecup look like? hey as long as it has coffe inside i dont care what it looks like. (not really, but sharing a flat with other 5 people, exclusivity over a piece of kitchenware is imposible) :cool:

what colors do you have on your walls? mostly white :rolleyes:

how many children, grandchildren? there is not such proof :mad:

what you like to eat? i dont eat seafood, but other than that almost everything, my favorite is mexican food (obviously). ;)

Renee said:
how do you live?
For starters I breathe - it makes living so much easier.

like with whom do you live together
I'm not joined to anyone. I'm just one person in one body, though sometimes when I talk to myself it's almost like I'm two people.

when do you get up
I usually get up whenever I have a need to, like if I need to use the potty.

what do you like for breakfast
food of course

how often you have sex
do you mean with someone else or myself?

if you are a procrastenator...or anything else
maybe I am and maybe I'm not

like what does your coffeecup looks
my cup can't see

what colors do you have on your walls
coloring on the walls is wrong

how many children
does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

what you like to eat
food, of course

lol fantastic answers :D

cajunmama said:
Isn't it great when you love your in-laws? It makes life soooo much easier.

Yes, it makes life so much more pleasant! Much more pleasant than when dealing with my own mother, unfortuantely. I love her to death, but sometimes she can be quite a pain.

Back