• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

details

sanyuja said:
Am I glad I don't have a sister! :cool:

Oh, it was rough growing up with them at times, but I was very good at revenge as a child. :D :D
Now, we are all married with children of our own, and I know I am a very lucky woman in that I have two best friends that also happen to be my sisters. When we get together, we laugh and joke about our old fights, but I always know that no matter what, no matter when, if I need one of them, I just have to pick up the phone and they will be right here with me. :)

Oh, what a great thread!
It seems I know all of you much better now.

how do you live?
Wow. I live a wonderful life. So far I got about everything I ever needed, and tried about everything I wanted. If not for my lazynesssss...

with whom do you live together
I live with my wife. Our daughter, who is 14, lives with us. (At least she did when I checked last time).

when do you get up
Usually at 6.30 - 7.30 a.m. But sometimes later. Sometimes even as late as 9 a.m....

what do you like for breakfast

1. A loaf of a "Black Russian Bread". It is made of rye really.
2. Several slices of smoked meat, carbonade, or something like this.
3. A mug of coffee. (see below)

how often you have sex

Not as often as it had been 15 years ago, alas.

if you are a procrastenator

Sorry, have to look it up...
Oh, "procrastinator" - one who delays actions. No, mostly not.

what does your coffeecup look like

It's a beer mug really. The plainest possible thing made of transparent glass, bought at IKEA.

what colors do you have on your walls

Daughter's room is orange and silver, with some framed photos from her trips and some reproductions. How was called that world-known sculptor, author of "Citizens of Cale" and "Eternal Spring"? Sorry, cannot remember myself... Yep, some reproductions of his sketches.
Our kitchen/bedroom/guestroom/study: mostly white with some cream tones, with a big icon on one wall.
Balcony/my study/garden: white vertical planks, lots of plants - ficuses, cactuses, dracenas etc.

As our flat is very small (one room 20 m2, one room 10 m2, balcony 8 m2, etc. - 5 m2 or so), we live mostly at our forest hut, 30 min. or so to drive from door to door.

At the moment we try to decide what our new flat we bought recently will look like.

how many children

a daughter - that's a sure thing.

grandchildren

Sorry, cannot say - have to ask the daughter first.

what you like to eat

I can really eat anything. I do not like much seafood.
What I would eat anytime:
- grilled potatoes;
- pork shashlik;
- mushroom soup;
- just about anything my wife makes for me.

As to in-laws... I like them. They are good people and do not visit us too often. (As they live in Ukraine, it is not all that easy to come more often).

how do you live? like with whom do you live together:

I live with my husband of 24 + years..in a 6 bedroom house with only two bathrooms..

when do you get up, what do you like for breakfast:
I usually get up at 5:30 am to get breakfast for hubby and me-cinnamon toast and coffee, sometimes I'll go for broke and have peach preserves on my toast..

how often you have sex:
If I told you, I'd have to kill you ;) Actually, plenty, when you find out how many kids I have <LOL>

if you are a procrastenator:
Never do today what I can put off until the last minute!

or anything else, like what does your coffeecup looks:
I have two current favorites-one is a huge plain purple one and the other has a photo of a bluebird with an attitude..

what colors do you have on your wall:
Beige with various scribbles in various places..

how many children, grandchildren:
10 kids-yes they're all ours, yes I had them naturally, and yes, I DO know how they got here ;0) and no, we aren't Catholic or Mormon.. No grandkids yet-oldest child is 21, all are unmarried and unattached..although the 4 yr old boy sure likes the 4yr old girl next door....

what you like to eat: chocolate chip cookies, spumoni ice cream, Chicken and Noodles, pizza, chocolate cake, Kung Pao Chicken(have to go lightly on the peppers)

Sergo said:
"It seems I am 5 weeks older'n you..."

I reply:
Oh good! I was afraid I was the oldest one here ;)
I bet I have the most kids tho'...
we won't even mention grey hairs.... :eek:

abecedarian said:
Sergo said:
"It seems I am 5 weeks older'n you..."

I reply:
Oh good! I was afraid I was the oldest one here ;)
I bet I have the most kids tho'...
we won't even mention grey hairs.... :eek:

:)
Yep, as to the kids - I think you are the best here.

Grey hairs... I do not have many of them, and those I have are not easy to spot, as I wear my hair cropped short.

Sergo said:

Grey hairs... I do not have many of them, and those I have are not easy to spot, as I wear my hair cropped short.

I guess I could try that technique, but my favorite husband would loudly complain. Besides, I'm of the "I earned em, I'll wear em" camp..
Thankfully I don't have to sit in front of this friend of mine from high school. He didn't go to our English comp class often, but when he did, he'd pull out my split ends..I shudder to think what he'd do with my grey hairs :eek:

abecedarian said:
I guess I could try that technique, but my favorite husband would loudly complain.

Ha, I thought if I should have mentioned that situation, and decided against it...
abecedarian said:
Besides, I'm of the "I earned em, I'll wear em" camp..

Oh, so am I - that's my wife who sometimes tells me about my grey hairs. (She has more, though she's 7 years younger) I do not notice them. But I am surely not ashamed or trying to conceal the fact I am not a youth anymore.

abecedarian.....10 kids....holy moly woman.....you are quite amazing in that you even have time to post on this forum...I think you win the award for most kids...wow....

Have you ever seen hair mascara? My older girls spotted some a couple of years ago, and bought some in various shades..from gold to green! Not a very good option, really..took a lot to even be noticeable. Just yesterday my almost 16 year old dd dyed her dark brown hair purple, just for fun. I'm looking forward to her dad noticing it ;0)

Motokid said:
abecedarian.....10 kids....holy moly woman.....you are quite amazing in that you even have time to post on this forum...I think you win the award for most kids...wow....

I didn't say I get a lot else done :D

So how many kids do you have living at home right now?

How could your hubby not notice purple hair? Oh, wait....10 kids...I'm sure he's just barely conscious through most of his waking moments....

Both you and your old man are pretty amazing people for this day and age.

I know I couldn't even imagine having more than the two I got now. My oldest is 12 and she wants to color her hair. My wife says no. I feel otherwise, but the boss is the boss.....

Motokid said:
So how many kids do you have living at home right now?

How could your hubby not notice purple hair? Oh, wait....10 kids...I'm sure he's just barely conscious through most of his waking moments....

Both you and your old man are pretty amazing people for this day and age.

I know I couldn't even imagine having more than the two I got now. My oldest is 12 and she wants to color her hair. My wife says no. I feel otherwise, but the boss is the boss.....

We have 9 living at home still. The oldest is housesitting for another 2 weeks, and she's not here much lately anyway. The next dd is living with my mil, and the rest are all here.

As for dh not seeing the hair yet..she was gone when he got home from work, and he got called back to work before she came home, and we went to bed before he ever laid eyes on her. It's not so noticeable since her hair was already dark. Besides, he knew she wanted to do it-it's one of those that wash out after 8 shampoos.... and the older girls have done this too.. not that dh likes it..I just thought it better to choose my battles carefully. We've (kids and I) discussed body piercings and tattoos :D

We are weird I guess :p And sometimes we're positive we're crazy!

abecedarian said:
Have you ever seen hair mascara? My older girls spotted some a couple of years ago, and bought some in various shades..from gold to green! Not a very good option, really..took a lot to even be noticeable. Just yesterday my almost 16 year old dd dyed her dark brown hair purple, just for fun. I'm looking forward to her dad noticing it ;0)

My daughter does that too, but with not so radical colors mostly.
(Really she tryed pink once, and... I hadn't realised it immediately... She reminds me about that once a month at least...)

My arguement with my wife is "what woman over the age of 30 is not changing her hair color these days?" It's like telling your kid not to smoke while you puff away yourself. I say let the kid color it whatever she wants during the summer as long as by the time school starts she's back to her natural color. What's the harm?

And totally yes....tattoo's and piercings are much much more frightening things to think about. :eek:

abecedarian said:
I just thought it better to choose my battles carefully. We've (kids and I) discussed body piercings and tattoos :D

We are weird I guess :p And sometimes we're positive we're crazy!

Ohhh... That's our problem too. I would not like to say NO, but I do not like her to wear these metal things in her nose, tongue or other... So far she listened to reason...

Really, we have a new girl admitted to my daughter's class, who has most of her visible skin covered with tattooes, and these metal things dangling from every imaginable place... Uffff... They say she is a good pupil. I hope so.

10 kids!!! i feel like a wimp complaining how rough my day is with 2. we have not reached the point of hair colouring and the like, but i am of the same mind as you abecedarian. to quote the very wise barbara colorosa, if you let you kids make the cheap mistakes early, they might not make the expensive ones later.

how(where) do you live? We live in a 3 bedroom two-storey house

like with whom do you live together?w/ my almost 4 yr-old son and hubby

when do you get up?I'm a stay-at-home,so I wake up whenever I feel like.

what do you like for breakfast? I don't do breakfast

how often you have sex? twice a week or whenever possible,

if you are a procrastenator?...I'll answer this later :D

like what does your coffeecup looks?I don't have my own coffee cup

what colors do you have on your walls? dirty white

how many children?2 boys ( 4 yr=old and the other one is still on the way)

Motokid said:
I don't have any children, but have thought a lot about this on the basis of the younger children of friends and family. I think the best response to this one is to set an age at which it's appropriate and STICK to it. Particularly if there's a child who's even younger who will be wanting to do this too. You've got to look at the reasons WHY the child wants to dye their hair - is it for fun, or for perceptions of what makes someone beautiful? I think age is a huge issue where beauty products are concerned, and ensuring that whatever products the child uses are age-appropriate is essential. Particularly because the child is still in the process of gaining self esteem and forming their own opinions of self-worth. If their self esteem relies on looking a certain way, then that is not the most healthy choice.

I would also say that leaving such decisions up to the mother is not an entirely bad idea, as it is the mother who will be looked upon as a role model for such things.

Just my child-less $0.02!

Back