• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

details

abecedarian said:
We are weird I guess :p And sometimes we're positive we're crazy!

first of all congratulations for your 10 kids and so far i can tell you, your husband and your children are amazing. Even if you were weird, what's the harm? better be weird than all the same. and as far as piercings and tatoos go, i think piercings are less disturbing than tatoos.

and haircolor, as long as it goes away, and the kids have to go around with it, if they like it.

The hair dying thing with my 15 year old is strictly for the summer and just for fun. A couple of her friends are doing this before they go to camp, and they wanted to try it out before time to leave, in case they totally hated it. These are all really nice girls, and I just can't see the harm. Tattoos and body piercing falls under "somewhat dangerous and potentially damaging" things to do. Emily(of the purple hair) said that she prefers her natural hair color and will be going back to it soon as camp is over.

Aw! Nuts!! I thought I had the award for most kids on the board at 4, :( . Nah, just kidding.

I, on the other hand, have no grey hairs, so nya, nya, nyaa, nya, nya, nyaaa. :p

The "thing" for my girls at the moment is to "highlight" thier hair with washable markers. Just a streak or two. They did my youngest son's very light blonde hair with blue once. It didn't quite all wash out and I could tell where the green spots remained.

how do you live? - I own my own house in a nice neighborhood in a rural part of massachusetts.

like with whom do you live together - my boyfriend, my little brother and my dog.

when do you get up - late afternoon usually.

what do you like for breakfast - i usually stop at a diner down the street before I go home and go to bed.

how often you have sex - whenever we feel like it I guess.

if you are a procrastinator - yes. badly

what does your coffeecup look like - we have about 50 of them, but i don't drink coffee, so i like to call them mugs.

what colors do you have on your walls - windsor blue, celery green, ruby red, slate blue, dark grey, lavender and soon sunflower. we like bright colors in our house. it sounds icky, but it really looks great.

how many children, grandchildren - zoe, she's 3, adopted and covered in white fur.

what you like to eat - almost anything if it's prepared to my specifications (think Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally)

cajunmama said:
Aw! Nuts!! I thought I had the award for most kids on the board at 4, :( . Nah, just kidding.

I, on the other hand, have no grey hairs, so nya, nya, nyaa, nya, nya, nyaaa. :p

The "thing" for my girls at the moment is to "highlight" thier hair with washable markers. Just a streak or two. They did my youngest son's very light blonde hair with blue once. It didn't quite all wash out and I could tell where the green spots remained.

ROFL I HAVE to pass this onto my kids! I'm amazed they didn't think of it themselves. Are your SURE you haven't covered the grey with one of those markers???? HMMMM??? I guess only your hairdresser knows for sure <LOL> "I'm gonna wash that marker right outa my hair..!" Hey, if they can use jello to color the "horse of a different color" from the Wizard of Oz, why not washable markers for highlights?!? It could catch on..

yeah that's kinda different... but the green in the blond hair sounds rather strange...

oh and bakardi jim, just look here and tellus more...

How do I live? Interesting question, honeydevil! Lessee . . . where to start?

Where: I currently live in big, bustling Toronto though I am – and will always be – an eastcoast girl. What can I say, the beer’s cheaper there :D

Situation: At the moment I am living in sin with my boyfriend of seven years. His folks want us to get married and start having kids like a ‘normal couple’ (ie his older brother), but why would we go and do a thing like that?

Further comments: oh god, kids still colour their hair with markers? I remember doing that back in the day. And I’ve had friends who did the Kool Aid trick too. And lemon juice. :) I don’t usually eat breakfast, but grab some coffee when I get to work and wait for lunch (occasionally a snack of some sort around 10am, if I remember to pack something).

That’ll do for now, eh?

pigeon, eastcoast gal huh? did you mention earlier that you were from ns?

and mehastings, your house sounds gorgeous. i love colour, big fan. i'm thinking of painting my hallway a blue toned red.

go east

jenngorham said:
pigeon, eastcoast gal huh? did you mention earlier that you were from ns?.
I most certainly am, Jenn. Born and raised, though I did my undergrad in NewBrunswick. Where in ns are you?

jenngorham said:
pigeon, eastcoast gal huh? did you mention earlier that you were from ns?

and mehastings, your house sounds gorgeous. i love colour, big fan. i'm thinking of painting my hallway a blue toned red.

blue toned red? ever considered to call it purple?

jenngorham said:
mehastings, your house sounds gorgeous. i love colour, big fan. i'm thinking of painting my hallway a blue toned red.

Thank you. It really is.

A blue toned red (because honeydevil asked) is sometimes called a "winter tone" is has a cooler base than an orange toned red (which is an "autumn tone"). It may make it easier if you think of it in terms of lipstick (for you ladies and few special men). *Note, not a lipstick person, but my mom has hammered it into my head.

honeydevil said:
not a lipstickperson either but i think i understood what you told me. So it is more of a burgundy?

no not a burgundy, a red. if you look on a online colour wheel you will see that red can have different tones. for example the angry smilie is more of an orange toned red.

jenngorham said:
me too, for 2 years. uni wasn't for me though.
It isn't for everybody. My brother and a good friend also did STU for two years and then moved on to other things.

Kookamoor said:
What did you take, Jenn?

oh a mish mash really. i didn't know what i was doing there so i took a lot of courses that my parents had taken. civil war with prof. goltz(retired now) philosophy with cronin, anthroplogy, mostly history, i took a great course on the acadians with sheila andrews. brilliant. loved her. i was there when they first started all the renovations and grounds work. it's really beautiful there now. i also worked at unb through the summers for the english language program.

i miss the social club. that was the bar in my day. *sigh*

jenngorham said:
oh a mish mash really. i didn't know what i was doing there so i took a lot of courses that my parents had taken. civil war with prof. goltz(retired now) philosophy with cronin, anthroplogy, mostly history, i took a great course on the acadians with sheila andrews. brilliant. loved her. i was there when they first started all the renovations and grounds work. it's really beautiful there now. i also worked at unb through the summers for the english language program.

i miss the social club. that was the bar in my day. *sigh*

I was history and anthropology as well, jenn. And Sheila Andrews was great. Didn't take her course (it was an 8:30! In the morning!) but went to a couple of lectures she did.

And I'll debate you on the Social Club. The Celler was my hangout ;)

Back