• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you ever reread your books?

I've gone back and reread a number of books once, and several books more then once. Red Storm Rising was the first book that I ever reread.

Oh, yes definitely!! I keep books I really like and when I feel the urge then I will get one out and re-read it. Especially if it is a series. I will start at the beginning of the series and work my way through it, again!! :):D

When I was younger, I would re-read books, but now I take the quote, "So many books; so little time" to heart.

I re-read portions of books for reference and discussion purposes, but otherwise I don't re-read. The last book I re-read in its entirety was The Blind Assassin.

oh gosh LOL I have firm favourites that I reread regularly and I firmly believe that if a book is any good the real test is in rereading it - if it is as enjoyable as the first read then it shifts upwards in the 'good' list :) If I finish it but have no urge to reread it then it is only so-so

oh gosh LOL I have firm favourites that I reread regularly and I firmly believe that if a book is any good the real test is in rereading it - if it is as enjoyable as the first read then it shifts upwards in the 'good' list :) If I finish it but have no urge to reread it then it is only so-so

It's not that I don't want to re-read, but I have so many books on my TBR pile that I feel compelled to move forward in case I miss a real gem. :)

I definitely enjoy rereading books. With the fluffy trivia type reading you might see stuff you missed on the first read. With deeper stories you can find a whole new meaning when visiting an old book.

I definitely enjoy rereading books. With the fluffy trivia type reading you might see stuff you missed on the first read. With deeper stories you can find a whole new meaning when visiting an old book.

This is very true and there are very often little layers or hints as to what going on with the story or characters that you only get on the second read.

Ok, I would probably reread Oscar Wilde. His characters say the darnest things, and it's just so funny, and so, well, quotable. Love it.

I'm going through an audiobook of Dorian Gray, the beginning of which I probably read two times already. Wonderful dialogue.

An example might be "Midnight Express" a book I read as a teen when the movie had just been released...mid 70's I believe...just recently got it for one of my kids but I'm rereading it first. At middle age I can identify with the author's father as well, I've had children screw up big time...fortunately not in Turkish prisons...but yes certainly the reread is a whole new perspective

The books I have probably reread the most times are:

1) To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
2) Don Quixote (Cervantes)
3) The entire canon of Sherlock Holmes stories (A.C. Doyle)
4) A Confederacy of Dunces (John Kennedy Toole)
5) Watership Down (Richard Adams)

I reread everything even if i didn't care for the story the first time. Its a terrible time consuming habit which is made much worse by the fact that I can never throw any book away, so I look like a horder. Heaven help any friends which want to borrow books. Its at the stage now where if i lend books to people I make sure I know its a book that can be easily replaced by amazon. completely mental!

I have such a bad memory I need to re-read books in order to remember what the story was about, only trouble is I can't remember where I put the book!!!

Back