• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do You Own a Gun(s)?

The only gun we have here is a .22 rifle of my dh's. It resides in the attic. We did have a couple of BB guns, but by the time they were broken, the interest was gone, so we haven't replaced them. I've not had any other guns in my home since I was 10 and my dad killed himself with one of his hunting rifles. They say that women tend to marry men like their fathers, but in this instance, 'they' are wrong.

I don't own a gun, but if I lived in a rural area I'd like to have one to shoot game for the pot and suchlike. Rabbits, woodpigeon, that sort of thing.
Use a spear. Or, better still, a shoebox propped up by a stick on a string. Put a carrot under the box and tug your damndest when that rabbit starts munching.

Use a spear. Or, better still, a shoebox propped up by a stick on a string. Put a carrot under the box and tug your damndest when that rabbit starts munching.

Bow hunting is a big deal here. I don't know if they use them for small game, but I know they're great for deer and elk.

Yet that is how Native American boys learned to hunt for centuries...Maybe one has to be young enough to be able to see the small game!

Don't bring historical context and culture into this discussion Miss Alphabet learner person!

A spear would be much less likely to produce a 'clean' kill. And if you trap the bunny in a box you still have to kill it - hitting it over the head with a club or drowning it seem a lot less humane than a clean headshot with a .22 round. Just my opinion though.

Guns?! Are you nuts?!

Wow,

you are discussing here having a gun just as if it would be a matter-of-fact. Like "do you have a cat at home?" - "No, I have only a fish bowl".

I have never though about actually about a possibility of having a gun. Is it not a job of a military and police to guard the citizens? I am paying my tax for it to be done! I feel pretty comfortable knowing that none of my neighbors has any guns, and this of my comforts is protected by the law. I feel OK with the fact that at the school where my kids are/will be going there are NO kids whose parents might owe one (unless they are in a military or a police - which means that they have regulations of HOW FAR FROM THE KIDS or ANY OTHER PERSON the guns should be kept). I do not need those tragedies in my country. Good to know that this is "a field of somebody's else problem" :)

The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload
And nobody's gonna go to school today
She's gonna make them stay at home
And daddy doesn't understand it
He always said she was good as gold
And he can see no reasons
Cos there are no reasons
What reasons do you need to be shown

actually

bowhunting small game is not hard at all and i don't even use the sights.
and i uaually get the vitals so they don't suffer long at all.

Never owned one, though I did earn a merit badge in rifle shooting when I was 13. I was a crack shot.:cool:

Back