• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Does anyone remember those cheap Penguin Classics?

I just tried to order it. It won't allow it to be shipped any other way than their standard shipping (slow boat to China). Oh well.

I just tried to order it. It won't allow it to be shipped any other way than their standard shipping (slow boat to China). Oh well.

Imagine the poor postal worker who has to lug this! Oh well, I guess us poorer folks would just have to take a line from that old Johnny Cash tune and buy this collection "One Piece At a Time":cool:

I've recently bought Great Expectations and The wind in the willows, as a series of Pinguin Popular Classics. Each was 3.90 Eu and 3.95 Eu, respectively.

Something different - my Lolita edition, brand-new (in hard cover!) coasted only 8 Eu! It was "Rowohlt Tachenbuch Verlag", in German (the price actually made me read it in this language - which I speak rather badly - but it was cheaper than the English edition :D ). I have now a funny German vocabulary, inspired by the book.

Well, I'm too young to remember the good old days, but I still see Penguin Classics in the stores today, and I think I've read a few, but I don't recall the publisher of most of the books I've read.

Bono's RED campaign
And all for a good cause,half the proceeds will be going to AIDS research and care.

The ones I own have yellowish covers. I can't remember how much they costed but I bought them in high school so they couldn't have been expensive.

apics.librarything.com_picsizes_35_67_3567bc00bfe86b7597734505777434d414f4541.jpg

When Penguin Classics teamed up with borders,they came up with nice covers also.

6eSuPYgUQeduqA6y.jpg

Back