• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Down Time

Thanks for the temporary place, Darren...that's really cool of you. I'm sure we would've survived without you needing to put in the extra effort, but its nice to have a place to visit whilst my husband sleeps.
smile.gif

We live to see another day, my fellow addicts!

Darren, you rule everything! And a bit more!

Cheers, Martin

Especially sad when Darren said the forum would be down for 48 hours, and we're back not 12 hours after it went down, checking to see if it was back up.

VTChEwbecca said:
Especially sad when Darren said the forum would be down for 48 hours, and we're back not 12 hours after it went down, checking to see if it was back up.

Well, yeah, but I have the button programmed into my browser, so it's not like it was a lot of extra work.

I didn't even notice the forums being down! Lucky me!

Anyway, Ash, what exactly do you mean by having a button programmed?

Cheers, Martin

Um it's been awhile, but there's a way to unlock your toolbar and then you can drag the address over to the toolbar and then rename it. It's the 2nd toolbar. Sorry I can't be more specific, try the help screen.

Halo said:
It is rather ironic that I managed to read two books while the site was down! :D
I'm jealous. I hit a boring part of War & Peace and just COULD not bring myself to read more than a few pages at a time. I think I read less this weekend than last, and last weekend I practically LIVED here. :rolleyes:

So, what two books did you gobble up?

Well, they weren't exactly as long as War and Peace! :) First, I read Pratchett's The Wee Free Men, which was excellent; really funny. Then, just for some variety(!), I read Pratchett's Only You Can Save Mankind, which I wasn't too keen on. It was OK, but apparently he wrote it when he was 17 and revised it a bit recently. I wouldn't be in a rush to read it again.

Maybe one day I might get onto grown-up books, like you read! :D

Back