• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dragonlance- please look at this thread!

I haven't read a lot of fantasy(Robert E. Howard's Conan and some of the Wheel of Time) but the first Dragonlance trilogy and the first Legends trilogy are probably the best fantasy series I've read, I've still got the original TSR paperbacks from the mid 80's. Great stuff!

I like the three original Dragon Lance Chronicles, but I don’t care for much of the others. Those three books were very good and I highly enjoyed them. I didn’t like some of the wording, but the story in general and the cast of memorable and believable characters made up for that. I’d recommend it to any one who likes the fantasy genre.

I used to enjoy Dragonlance. I had read every book and used to own every book up until about 5 years ago, when I sold them all off for a pretty penny (orig. covers, 1st editions)

anyway, I started reading them when they first came out, back in 83? Of course I was 13 at the time and grew with the series. It was very exciting eye candy and neat stories as a teenager. But I couldnt keep up with all the books coming out (There were some good stand alone trilogies) but I think its kinda a trap where you have to keep buying the books to really get into the series as there are many main plots and sub plots, that all tie together.

anyway, im sure I would still enjoy them, but as enjoyable fluff, not as serious reading.

Wonderful

I personally feel that the Dragonlance series is some of the most gripping books i have ever read. I have over 30 in the series and enjoy them all. Of course, how could a series be bad with Raistlin Majere as a character.

"I have sinned enough against the world...Teaching magic to a kender would ensure my damnation."

I liked the first 3 the Dragonlance books, but then it went really down hill. Although, this was a very long time ago that I read those books and my tastes have changed considerably. I do agree that the Death Gate books are terrible. I couldn't make it through book one and stopped after just a few chapters.

I loved the Dragonlance books as a teenager especially the Chronicles and anythinh that had Tasslehoff in as well such as Wanderlust or The Brothers Majere. I would probably re-read the Chronicles and Legends again but I don't know about the rest. Maybe The Legend of Huma or Kaz the Minotaur as I quite enjoyed those as well.

As far as I know my Mum still has all my Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms books back up North.

Back