• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

E-book reader,your budget?

Whichever company that delivers a complete color screen eReader, not an iPad I don't want another laptop, will get my money but until then I am going to stick to the killing trees.

Sony ties you down to their proprietary memory format which is something I have always hated about Sony, so for that reason I would not get a Sony.

Just out of curiosity: why not a Kindle? The DRM? It can't be price. For $20 more you can get a Kindle with 3G and WiFi or for $20 less than the Sony you can get the regular Kindle. Free shipping on both.

Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation $139

I really think that having 3G on Kindle is a bit ... overboard. I like the Wi-fi though. :)

If I were you, I would go for Sony because of the brand recognition. I actually managed to get a first hand feel with the Sony reader but not the other one you have mentioned.

As someone who has a Sony eReader and hates it (pain to use/setup/load books onto) and who has seen the subsequent Kindle I wish I had waited and gone for the Kindle. I know several people with 3G or WiFi Kindle devices and they love them. The Sony lacks the quality all-in-one walled-garden model of the Kindle which makes Amazon's device much easier to use.

Back