• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Eragon

Votes: 8 61.5%

Votes: 3 23.1%

Votes: 2 15.4%

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
I found this contest thingy where you can make a poem and the grand-prize winner gets signed copies of both Eragon and Eldest along with some other works of his (all equalling about $1,000.00 in the U.S.). And the 20 runners up get just Eldest (equalling about $20.00 in the U.S.) For more details go to www.randomhouse.com :D

I hate to be picky, but do you have a better link? One maybe directly to the contest? Or was this a sham to traffic to randomhouse?

I read it and I loved it. But a series of chain events went off for this book:

1. I saw it in Target and read the back. Wanted to read it.
  2. My friend insisted that I borrow it and read it. All I said was "I have so many books to read. I'll get it later."
  3. I never got it from her. I got it out from my school library 3 days before my birthday party.
  4. 3 days later, on my birthday party, I got the book from my aunt.
Now how odd is that?

I read it and enjoyed it ok. I think, like the others said, it did copy many traditional fantasy story ideas, but then again, I see that in lots of fantasy authors' books. I thought the writing was a bit rough in places, but I attribute that to Chris Paolini's age. As he matures, his writing will mature, and I think he shows great promise.

The book didn't grab me enough to have me waiting for the sequel, but it was alright all in all.

Big fan/reader of fantasy here, and that includes some juvenile works, including works by Rowling, Nix, Pullman, Lewis, Barker, Jaques, etc, and I hated Eragon. I cannot stand gimick novels that garner acclaim even after it should have been exposed for being derivative from plot, chaarcters to even NAMES. If it wasn't publicized Paulini was his age this book would be an after thought on the shelves IMHO. Just dire IMHO.

For his fans however Eldest is due in August apparently.

fantasybookspot.com

Great adventure

MagicalMystery said:
Eragon is one of my favorite books, it is like Lord of the Rings in a way. I think many would like it if they read it.:) :cool: :D ;)
No matter what the age of the author, this is an excellent read. I am curious if anyone knows when the next installment comes out. I believe the next book is going to be titled "Eldest."
Anyone interested in seeing the official Website, go to

http://www.randomhouse.com/teens/eragon/index.htm

It comes out in August! (i think) *jumps up and down* I can't wait... I love Eragon. Must reread it.
Apparently the author says half the book is about Roran (Eragon's cousin) I wonder what he gets up to??? Anyway, it'll be interesting to see.

I've read it! Great book for anyone. Can't wait for Eldest in August, I've already reserved my copy.

Eragon!

Its an awesome book, cant wait though for the next book "Eldest" and m wondering as to how he's gonna finish the "inheritance trilogy"

Well I spent money on this book a few months ago because I heard a lot of raving about it and the kid was even on a talk show about his book (Montel I think) but I really wish I could have read all the comments on here before spending money on it.

I read it last fall and liked it ok. It wasn't the best fantasy I've read, but it wasn't the worst. Probably somewhere in the middle.

umm for those who haven't seen:
eldestcover.jpg
Back of da book synopsis:
Darkness falls...despair abounds...evil reigns...
Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have just saved the rebel state from destruction by the mighty forces of King Galbatorix, cruel ruler of the Empire. Now Eragon must travel to Ellesmera, land of the elves, for further training in the skills of the Dragon Rider: magic and swordsmanship. Soon he is on the journey of a lifetime, his eyes open to awe-inspiring new places and people, his days filled with fresh adventure. But chaos and betrayal plague him at every turn, and nothing is what it seems. Before long, Eragon doesn’t know whom he can trust.
Meanwhile, his cousin Roran must fight a new battle -– one that might put Eragon in even graver danger. Will the king’s dark hand strangle all resistance? Eragon may not escape with even his life....
for a few spoilers: http://www.shurtugal.com/?id=books/eldest
http://www.shurtugal.com/?id=books/everythingeldest&PHPSESSID=b4b6ccd8c6ea13a412b3270966aea913

StillILearn said:
This is a sincere question, Pearl:

Why do you watch Montel when you could be reading?

:confused:

Lmao Uhhhhh...hmmmm....Lemme get back to ya on that one. :D

The spoilers aren't too, well, spoiler-ish. They just sort of confirm what we already know.

I have a feeling that Roran is going to end up on the opposite side to Eragon...

Am I the only one who has read this book? It's great! There are two more coming out, and i personally think it will pass by harry potter

Back