• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Eragon

Votes: 8 61.5%

Votes: 3 23.1%

Votes: 2 15.4%

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
I don't know whether I'm going to read it or not.
I'm not much of a fantasy person and it seems to get a lot of mixed reviews.
Maybe I ought to check it out of the library.

*she muses aloud*

I might mention that book three is called Empire, not THE Empire. Personally, I really liked the books, and I am a Lord of the Rings geek as some say:p And not just because of his age...I thoroughly enjoyed them. There is a lot of fantasy I don't read simply because it doesn't agree with my morals/standards. EXCEPT for that little atheist rant in Eldest, which really, was un-needed, it was a good book. I love how he describes things, because that way I can picture everything. I absolutely HATED the movie, it was laughable...utterly RIDICULOUS! :rolleyes: Trying to do The Lord of the Rings in quarter time and money...recycled costumes..etc. But yeah back to the topic at hand. I loved the discription of Farthen Dur, and I could vividly picture it in my mind which...was also a big disappointment in the movie. I would say most adults probably would criticize the books, but teens and younger readers would enjoy them.

Looks like I'm getting in late on these threads. Oh well.......

I didn't think Eragon was all that great. In fact, calling it good is a streatch.

The story is hardly original. Where did I hear about elves and dwarfs before? I'm sure I've read about them. I was waiting for a hobbit to make his appearence.

Anyway, I'll pick up Eldest when the movie comes out, but I'm not rushing out to read it, or the third book.

I am reading Eragon at the moment as a light read. I'm finding it very enjoyable.

The LOTR structure, i see as a homage to Tolkein rather than "copying/stealing"

I dont think too much can be expected in terms of writing style for a book of this genre and target audience

Just for my information, how old is CP? Or rather how old was he when he wrote Eragon?

I have to say that I zipped through all three books and thoroughly enjoyed them. Movie was not bad but only if viewed as an entirely separate beast to the books.

Back