• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Euro 2004

I'm not too worried. We did pretty badly in that friendly against Japan, and we have to go up against France. The most glorious day in any international footballing event is the day England gets trashed. :D

Saying that, I did just ugrade my DVD erental subscription so I'll be getting a few extra DVDs a week to help me through.

It's not the TV that bothers me. It's how people start changing their lives to fit viewing the football in. Which ends up changing my life too! Grrr. Oh and how the entire town is decked out in England flags all of a sudden.

Oh yeah, I hate that. And the prats with the England flag poles stuck onto their car. Very tasteful :rolleyes:

There was a warning on the radio to be careful with those flags, watching for them flying off and whacking innocent pedestrians :)

Yeh I'm sorry to say I'm looking forward to us being knocked out.

You can use all this to your advantage. Plan shopping trips around it. About 20 minutes before an important match is due to begin the high street empties. It's glorious. All those pushing and shoving chavs run home to cuddle their tvs, leaving all the shops and restaurants deserted. You can have a nice peaceful lunch without having to listen to babies screeching, and people yelling down their mobile phones. You can browse in the bookshop without that strange smelly man getting in your way. You can pick up all the bargains without having to fight your way past grannies.

Or, go out for a nice walk in the woods without being covered in muddy footprints by the dogs of morons who seem to think that telling you 'It's alright, he doesn't bite' is somehow going to cover your laundry costs.

Go out to all those places that are usually too crowded and get to enjoy them in peace and tranquility.

As for the flags, just pretend it's St George's day.

Freya said:
There was a warning on the radio to be careful with those flags, watching for them flying off and whacking innocent pedestrians

Yeh I'm sorry to say I'm looking forward to us being knocked out.

And then everybody can put away their beer guts, plastic flags and face paint for awhile :D

Very good point Litany... now are we playing a match on a Saturday at all, I really am in desperate need of some new shoes :) And a bag. Or 3. And some jeans...

I dunno when we're playing. But I'm sure someone here does. If they can just post the dates of all the weekend matches, we'd really appreciate it. :)

France v England Sun 13 Jun 7.45pm
England v Switzerland Thu 17 Jun 5pm
Croatia v England Mon 21 Jun 7.45pm

So no saturday shopping trips. But maybe some cinema visits.

I believe we're having some sports here, but I don't know what kind. Playoffs, finals? Something that makes people intense.

It's not so much Euro 2004. It's Euro 2004, Tour de France, Wimbledon, The Olympics - and all the other sportsevents, that will monopolize the TV. :(

I can only say:

Thank God for books!!! and hopefully a long beatiful summer outside.

Hobitten

Mwahahahaha

The football has you now, you can never escape, never!!

Well, not for a couple of weeks anyway :D

Phil

So, Phil (as my only fellow football lover), what's England gonna do tonight?

Cheers, Martin

Back