• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Exquisite Corpse - Let's play!

scullyx101

hello my fellow book lovers!! i'm sure you've all played it before, but maybe you just didn't know what it was called! i start a story, you leave comments, continuing the story, you can leave a sentence, a paragraph, etc, just make sure it's interesting and fun and magical! oh and feel free to leave as many as you want! i'll eventually end the story when i fell it's complete. you'll know it has ended because i will write "the end" after everything else. ok here goes:

Poppy had always been shy. Back when she was in school she would freeze in terror whenever anyone would address her, which created many problems, espescially in regard to her grades. This bashfullness continued into her adult life, making it difficult for her to do even the simplest tasks, like ordering chinese take out or hailing a taxi cab. It affected her personal life the most however, as her inability to speak to anyone prevented her from making friends or going on dates. Thus Poppy was very lonely, until one day....

no, it's a collaborative story about another girl named poppy (because that's what i decided to name her) that others are supposed to continue in the comments.... did you not read the first paragraph?

Of course I read it, but I still thought it was pretty puzzling and unimaginative to have a story about a girl named Poppy and nick the title from a real novel written by a real author named Poppy - and slightly dishonest to not even mention where you got the title and the name of the main character.

Or maybe I'm just enough of a fan to think the real Exquisite Corpse deserves better than this. But never mind me.

i had no idea that poppy z bright had a novel called exquisite corpse, i'm not familiar with any of her stuff, and i didn't come with the name for the game, that's what it's called, it's been around forever and is played not only with with story telling, but with art as well, feel free to look it up. i got the name of the character because i like the name poppy.

I stand corrected. :blush: A thousand pardons. I suppose weird coincidences happen.

I'd still recommend the novel, though.

it really is weird...

i checked the book out on amazon, it def. looks interesting.

and now, shall anyone continue the story??

Of course I read it, but I still thought it was pretty puzzling and unimaginative to have a story about a girl named Poppy and nick the title from a real novel written by a real author named Poppy - and slightly dishonest to not even mention where you got the title and the name of the main character.

Or maybe I'm just enough of a fan to think the real Exquisite Corpse deserves better than this. But never mind me.

hahahhahah:lol:

hello my fellow book lovers!! i'm sure you've all played it before, but maybe you just didn't know what it was called! i start a story, you leave comments, continuing the story, you can leave a sentence, a paragraph, etc, just make sure it's interesting and fun and magical! oh and feel free to leave as many as you want! i'll eventually end the story when i fell it's complete. you'll know it has ended because i will write "the end" after everything else. ok here goes:

Poppy had always been shy. Back when she was in school she would freeze in terror whenever anyone would address her, which created many problems, espescially in regard to her grades. This bashfullness continued into her adult life, making it difficult for her to do even the simplest tasks, like ordering chinese take out or hailing a taxi cab. It affected her personal life the most however, as her inability to speak to anyone prevented her from making friends or going on dates. Thus Poppy was very lonely, until one day....

she found a man lying down on her lawn. The man reeked of booze, vomit, and other unsavory fluids.

there was no one, so she leaned forward to get a closer look and even ventured so far as to poke him with her toe.

His chest heaved and he spluttered blood across his unshaven face. As she moved back, his hand extended, as if by reflex, to envelope the heel of her foot. She felt herself toppling backwards, in his grip.

Back