• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Eye Of The Eye

manuscriptx

What happens. What happens, when a contemporary monolith becomes a retroactive apparition?

What happens. What happens, when the signs of a white virtue become cataclysmic and dangerous to the human psyche?

What happens. What happens, when the storms of impediment
long for and reach a dependent strife?

What happens. What happens, when it becomes too painful to bear over something real and imagined?

What happens. What happens, when I both love and adore? What happens. What happens, when I do not yet know?

What happens. What happens, when I sought no appology,
and I found no remorse? What happens. What happens, when
I look upon the Rosetta Stone and I see what I see, a tortured
soul, an ill-fated beginning?

I become a prerequisite axiom. The darker brother of insidious intent.

What is a "prerequisite axiom"?

I still find your writing hard to understand. It's like you want to sound emotional, but the words you use sound like something out of a physics textbook. I promise we will not accuse you of not knowing the words if you opt for simpler ones.

What does it mean :

' I am a prerequisite axiom, the darker brother of insidious intent. '

Merriam-Webster's definition of the word axiom is a maxim widely accepted on its intrinsic merit. That is to say something that is recognized as true and credited as such on the basis of something like an experiment, trial and error, or some other means of proof.

When I say I am a prerequiste axiom, I say that I am, through the
merit of my own conceptual design ( X T II ) - an axiom yet to be.
Those things that prohibit ( life, love and conflict ) are what I consider, prerequisites. So the future is my own simple journey to whatever end game may be. 'The darker brother of insidious intent ' is the monolithic, altruistic and retroactively deadly and dangerous side of schism.

The short-films I've done give a clearer presentation of that whereas the
autobiographic novel is a literary cycloramic view.

Understand?

Understanding takes effort.

I often find myself wondering why wingnuts like you continue to read,
post messages and ask me questions with a conflicting tone of criticism.

Do you want me to respond to each and every insignificant jab at my talent? I don't have time for it, my friend.

I'll just be sure to leave you off the pre-order list when published.
Something YOU could have simply said but felt constrained by unknown
forces.

Interesting.

Manuscript, I honestly can't understand your work, even though I try. Understanding does not typically take effort for me. When my freshman class was introduced to Shakespeare, I understood everything he said, even though it was written in much older language that I'm used to and I had never been exposed to him before, and I have the largest vocabulary of anyone I know.

I am not an idiot. By the time I was fourteen, I had very intelligent adults telling me that they wished they were as intelligent as me. A philosopher I met by chance when I was twelve asked me what college I was going to, and was shocked when I said I was in junior high. So I hope it is clear to you that when I say I can't understand something, it is because it is very hard to understand.

Now, given that I cannot understand your work, I don't see why you are so vain as to think that I would pre-order your book. Even if I wanted to order it, I couldn't read it! (And, FYI, I don't pre-order books. I wait until I can flip through them or read reviews to see if they are any good.) I can barely understand your work. And last time I checked, authors didn't have control over who was on the pre-order list on Amazon. Amazon does.

In conclusion, because I don't have time to address your narcissism any more than you have time to address my criticisms, it is not my fault I cannot read your work. I assumed since you posted your work here, you wanted an honest opinion on it and were mature enough to handle criticism. I was not to know you were going to react like a child. You don't see me crying and complaining about the negative comments left in my threads, or insulting the people who commented on them--and feel free to comment on them yourself if you doubt me. I love criticism, even negative. It's better to tell the truth than patting me on the head and saying, "Good job, Kat" when I can't color in the lines.

I often find myself wondering why wingnuts like you continue to read,
post messages and ask me questions with a conflicting tone of criticism.

Do you want me to respond to each and every insignificant jab at my talent? I don't have time for it, my friend.

Welcome back, good sir Manuscriptx. I see your departure has not in the least made you a more cordial person, and for that I am truly disappointed. By God, you insult our intelligence. Us! whom all of which come to this exquisite manifestation of integral comprehension to understand and relinquish our knowledges and often to compile them so that such are immersed with talent. We are the last refuge of the reader, and yet, you have the audacity to disparage and defame us when we only try our hardest to speak in your tongues? Your friend, I think not. For when has someone, when presented with criticism from others, others who only wish to assist you, I mention, taken their jab at the reader themselves. You, good sir, have proven yourself to be hypocritical, which should be mentioned in itself. To be truthful, it is not always your words which do not make sense; nay, it is your usage and placement of these words in your poetic ramification that confuses us. Many of your words are quite understandable, yet they often make no sense in the content provided. I do hope this helps you and that you end your bigotry. Thank you.

I also want to take this time to explain that I also am not an idiot, wingnut, or any other pathetic insult you can throw at me. I, like many here, have taken time to understand the world, to comprehend its oddities and quirks. As of now, I am taking in my high school, as a sophomore, a college level history class, two junior classes, one of each in math and chemistry, an accelerated English class, and a high-level biology. As early as age 6, I was being suggested to skip one or two grade levels at the least, one time asked to jump from third to seventh grade, as my scores were well above the normal level, and I have been receiving, of late, queries from colleges, such as Washington University in St. Louis and Drake University, to whether or not I would like to skip high school and transfer into their classes. I doubt a regular numbskull off the street would have that level of thinking to even receive the slightest of chances for these opportunities. So when you insult the intelligence of the people on this forum, you are really showing your own blindness, as we are not what you accuse us to be.

I'll just be sure to leave you off the pre-order list when published.
Something YOU could have simply said but felt constrained by unknown
forces.

Leave me off and see if I care. Hah! And your last sentence in this quote is not a sentence. It's a fragment without a verbal.

Interesting.

To us, not really.

p.s. Oh, Hello Valkyrie. I see you've returned only after my constant nudging.

I don't mean to insult you, Manuscriptx, but when one person waves, the other normally does as well. And if we, the elite of which you are among, do not understand you, how will the common man on the street?

Very funny Stewart...

Glad to see you, too, Vespertilio. Love the new avatar. I'm was surprised not to see any recent posts from you after I came back, but I knew you'd come on again eventually.

Glad to see you, too, Vespertilio. Love the new avatar. I'm was surprised not to see any recent posts from you after I came back, but I knew you'd come on again eventually.

I'm glad to be back. But you know, the only reason I'm not on is school. Blegh!

"I'm was..." I expect more out of a college English student... tut tut tut... :D

Hey, I'm really sick right now. Give me a break. :p And anyway, it was more a typing error than anything. I was trying to type "I was" but my fingers wanted to say "I'm."

Timidity's Canon

My ventricles cacophony indecision
at the interlopers ontological phenomenology.
Franz Joseph the Second of Austria composes
intricate calligraphies on the quietude of my id.

Hark!
Causality segregates
the withering proletariat Spahi vicariously upon
a figurative spear of Longinus!

Penile dodecahedrons rain upon Tenochtitlan!
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqwer

edit: look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!

XD. Brilliant parody, Thickney.

I think we've all been as serious and polite about manuscriptx as we can, but he refuses to accept our criticism. Which is sad, because if you can't accept criticism, you're just not going to get published. It doesn't happen. Your first draft is inevitably going to come back with red ink all over it, and that's the way it is. And something tells me that any writer accusing an editor of being lacking in intelligence is going to be seen as unprofessional, and no one will want to work with him or her.

manuscript seems more happy to believe that he is the reincarnation of Shakespeare, his work is absolutely perfect, thank you very much, and he could care less what us peons think. Why he, then, posted his work on our forum is a complete mystery to me. In fact, he doesn't seem very interested in this forum. He hasn't posted in any thread but those he started during his entire membership. I imagine he thinks his intellect is above posting in threads we started, but it sure isn't a way to gain credibility.

Somebody's been following this Mr. Manuscript. :D Wonder why???

But yes, I totally agree with Valkyrie. Manuscript thinks we are insignificant, so why does he bother us with his things? I think it's more of a nuisance to us than we are to him...

Understanding Conflict, X T II : a man, and an idea.

Understanding my work is pretty simple. Perhaps it's to my detriment that when typing something as easy as 2+2 = 4, here, must pretend that I am a teacher explaining a foreign and unknown language to a pool of young children. I am a fool. I am a fool because I refuse to stop assuming people have functioning brains, able to make choices.

A choice to read my work, or discard the thread title and move on to something else, or someone who's member name is more familiar.

A choice to simply make one comment and again move on.
Or a choice to engage using constructive criticism.

Can anyone guess at the recurring theme I am using? Choices. The same choice people make to offer snide comments, feeble and flimsy efforts at criticizing spelling or grammar on a website I do not take seriously - are the same choices that should tell someone not to waste their time reading my work much less commenting on it.

All this aside, now let's focus on something that does garner my attention and response. Honest questions, honest interest. What is Internal Conflict?
What is it about your life that you felt a need to write such a complex story that is not at all simple or easy to understand using words.

My life is complex. Ordinarily, I could not and would not put it into any words I or anyone else could understand or be satisfied with.

In 2002, my father, a former vietnam veteran died that November. I took his death pretty hard. I assumed that I would most assuredly venture off and spiral downward into a deep depression that I would not come out of until I found myself either dead or in jail on multiple charges of felony assault, murder, mayhem and other crimes wrapped up into a tiny neat and tidy little bow called vengance. Intelligence, insight, philosophy and technology count for absolutely nothing over emotional trauma.

So what is Internal Conflict? It is, in no uncertain terms, an attempt at my own form of personal, systematic, intermediate yet periodic diversion therapy. Much like the clinical forms of this and aversion therapy, an attempt to distract the oncomming, onslaught of negative emotional whirlwinds which would no doubt cause great pain, suffering and damage.
Left in place of that kind of a future, I chose instead to construct and remain in a psychological cocoon of sorts.

Allowing general influences to affect me like relationships, friendships, or to let the emotional floodgates open is no different than the political end game of Iraq. There would be no good results in the short term.

I should hope reading this gave somewhat of a clearer presentation.

To anyone who asks the question, why not just type this instead of what I chose to previously, these words, although simple and easy to understand do not rise to a level of what I feel is satisfactory in describing each element to who I am and how I manage myself in something called Internal Conflict.

Thank You.

Understanding my work is pretty simple. Perhaps it's to my detriment that when typing something as easy as 2+2 = 4, here, must pretend that I am a teacher explaining a foreign and unknown language to a pool of young children.

We have already established that no one else thinks your work is "simple." You understood what you meant because you wrote it, but the rest of us are scratching our heads.

Or a choice to engage using constructive criticism.

We tried this as well. You decided to criticise our criticism.

on a website I do not take seriously - are the same choices that should tell someone not to waste their time reading my work much less commenting on it.

If you don't take us seriously, why in the world are you posting on this website in the first place? You obviously don't like it here. You're unsatisfied with our replies to your threads. You have shown no common courtesy or respect for any person on this forum. Why not limit yourself to a different website that you deem more appropriate?

A final thing to say which should make it all clear.

You think you're the only member on this message board who has something to say? Talk about a severe case of narcissism. This from someone who's avatar picture reminds me of Rod Stewart's bad hair days throughout the 1980's.

I originally came to this website like I enter all websites, to post my writing, I ask everyone,

( notice I say everyone, not just you and a few screwballs )

to simply read, evaluate and perhaps comment.

Believe it or not, ( in your case - not ) I know the difference when
someone is making snide remarks, compared to honest critique of my
work. As I said, there are other sites which give me the ability to make
that characterization.

I am satisfied in only one way, when I read the numerical column of how many times a particular post is read. There need not be actual replies but often times there are and I read them. If I can know my material is read, mission accomplished. If someone like you reads it completely, if someone like you decides to respond, or respond asking questions wanting to know more, all of that is icing on the cake.

One last time I'll say this, you and others don't have to read what I write.
I don't read other posts on this message board, and don't really care to.
However, I can change my mind on a whim, if something catches my eye,
I may do so.

- The whole point of my writing, content and style. Catch the eye.
What makes my 2+2=4 writing content and style any different than
anyone else's 2+2=4 writing content and style?

The answer is in what you see, something new, something different, something unorthodox, it grabs you, and it makes you want to know
more and engage with me.

Back