• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Eye Of The Eye

You think you're the only member on this message board who has something to say? Talk about a severe case of narcissism. This from someone who's avatar picture reminds me of Rod Stewart's bad hair days throughout the 1980's.

I originally came to this website like I enter all websites, to post my writing, I ask everyone,

( notice I say everyone, not just you and a few screwballs )

to simply read, evaluate and perhaps comment.

Believe it or not, ( in your case - not ) I know the difference when
someone is making snide remarks, compared to honest critique of my
work. As I said, there are other sites which give me the ability to make
that characterization.

I am satisfied in only one way, when I read the numerical column of how many times a particular post is read. There need not be actual replies but often times there are and I read them. If I can know my material is read, mission accomplished. If someone like you reads it completely, if someone like you decides to respond, or respond asking questions wanting to know more, all of that is icing on the cake.

One last time I'll say this, you and others don't have to read what I write.
I don't read other posts on this message board, and don't really care to.
However, I can change my mind on a whim, if something catches my eye,
I may do so.

- The whole point of my writing, content and style. Catch the eye.
What makes my 2+2=4 writing content and style any different than
anyone else's 2+2=4 writing content and style?

The answer is in what you see, something new, something different, something unorthodox, it grabs you, and it makes you want to know
more and engage with me.
Since when did I say that I was the only person on this forum who had something to say? Did I ever say that anywhere in any of my posts? In fact, you're the one who "doesn't care to read other posts" so I'd venture that this is just projection on your part.

Manuscriptx,

I read this when originally posted and didn't bother to comment. I also failed to see where you were going with this, but didn't comment because I figured you to be one of those who think obscure is "arty." I've been around for many decades, I've had my IQ tested several times and it's quite high. I'm also a published author who has had many of my works, both poetic and prose, accepted by editors. I've had a children's book and a novel published and, after four years of searching and making a name for myself, have an agent, who is shopping around four more books.

Those are mighty fine big words in that poem(?), problem is they don't connect with each other. To be fair, I went back to your earlier posts in this column, manuscriptx and would like to quote you. "You only get one chance to make a good first impression.

My comment is that it should be the primary concern of the writer to connect to the reader. If the reader can't understand due to the writer's obscurity (intentional or otherwise) the onus is on the writer, not the reader. So, unless you're only writing to impress yourself, you need to use the words (the tool of the writer) in such a manner as to convey your meaning.

JohnB

Response to John B.

To the supposed author/writer John B. Im sure you are very proud of your own personal accomplishments, enough to make a personal advertisment where one was not needed much less asked for.

( Note. I emphasize the word supposed, since there can be no offer of proof. )

Second thing I want to say which I find myself saying often, the point of what I wrote is continually being missed to a degree. Yes, I write to impress myself which means I can care less who criticizes it. But as I said, I write merely to share with others who like you keep silent and read.

For that my mission was accomplished. Why is that so difficult to understand? It takes a little more than simplicity written by a person to catch my eye in wanting to read a poem or short story, therefore I apply the same parameters when writing my own to catch others.

You fail to say you didn't have to read my writing. ( #1 ) You fail to say from the first few words, you stopped due to such an obscure manifestation. ( #2 ) And you again fail by your posted response, to keep from wanting to post a response.

Yes, perhaps you should have kept quiet. However, it may surprise you to know that I appreciate and thank you for the effort. My dark poetry, and the storylines that follow are all material I thought up on the fly, there is no rhyme or reason to it. Some hidden elements contain what matters to me, most of it does not.

I couldn't care less if my material, reaches the marketplace through a publisher, it will be written and admired if by no one else, by me and me alone. In the era of James Frey author of his book :
" A Million Little Pieces " let the publishing industry present nothing but frauds, cheats and plagiarists.

I'm part of the REAL literary talent not sought after.

Just google my name, John Bushore, or go to my website http://www.johnbushore.com
It's listed on the comment I made earlier, although you say "There can be no offer of proof." Contrary to what you seem to believe, the only thing you can't prove is a negative. I happen to be a positive, with real, not imagined accomplishments.

Maybe you'd like to buy a book while you're on my site or peruse my bibliography. It's right below the writing awards I've supposedly won.

Please sign my guest book while you're there.

JohnB

No thanks, my friend.

Far be it for you to think you are the only one whose name can be
' Googled ' so to speak.

BuyIndies.com lists four short film titles, only two of which are complete and one will be forthcomming late 2007 bearing the name Internal Conflict.

One of four talents I posess, my friend. None of which I choose
( unlike some people ) to adamantly advertise but they remain mere apsects of personal accomplishment.

I trust you will forgive my having forgone particular text of your message, I read only the relevant portions pertaining to the discussion of my material, not yours.

Only replied because you said it couldn't be proved I was an author. But you won't look. Guess you proved yourself right by not looking. I've been outwitted, I guess. I'll not reply to further posts unless you start calling people fools again, then maybe I'll give you another chance to show off your brilliant debating skills.

JohnB

Comedy is not your strongsuit, keep your day job.

I see someone has a touch of irritation. Good, irritation builds character, and friend, I've got a lot of it to share.

If you want real irritation, get a load of this. Ask yourself why I brought up James Frey and the recent problem of literary fakes and frauds? You spoke of your material being critically acclaimed. I believe James Frey can one up you my friend. His work ( outed as nothing more than over embellished and exaggerated garbage ) was awarded as well, not to mention worthy of two guest appearances on The Oprah Winfrey Show.

Some stains don't just wash off, no matter how much soap and detergent you use. The literary world of agents and publishers will find themselves scrubbing for a long time until the next person they produce actually HAS a story to tell.

I find it hard to believe that someone who is unemployed, according to your profile, would tell me to keep my day job. But it's good advice because, even though I earned hundreds of dollars this month from my writing, I have a very good day job and would hate to give up all that money.

I felt it necessary to reply because you imply that I am a fraud. I write fiction, what could be fraudulent in my writing? Oh, I get it. If my writing is good enough to get published, and your writing is not good enough to be published, it must be a conspiracy. All of the editors have gotten together and made a pact to ignore you because you're "part of the REAL literary talent not sought after," and they'd hate to recognize a brilliant talent like yours. Oh, no, excuse me, you have FOUR brilliant talents, don't you? And I have no talent; I'm just a fraud, pretending that the books I sell are real. And the money that I make must be Monopoly script.

I am now so depressed by my lack of talent that I think I'll go tell Oprah what a fraud I am and then kill myself.

In addition

To the most recent member who understood my initial request in a previous thread asking for any literary agent and/or publisher to read my writing content and style, and perhaps judge it fairly and possibly contact me.

I'm glad their memory still works, but apparently they must have not seen a recent post I wrote in this thread saying my goal is not literary sucess through the affirmation of the publishing industry. Writing a personal tale of ubiquity has absolutely no parameters, either I follow them or not, the altruism of it's creation is that it is entirely up to me, otherwise the story will not be written at all.

Everyone who's read my work and has posted an opinion has a hard time understanding what I think is a really simple concept. Initially, I found it irritating, then funny, now pretty pathetic and sad, particularly from someone who wants to advertise himself as an accomplished writer/author.

Nevertheless, I'm still here, which means I'll continue to debate with each wingnut and screwball one at a time if necessary until everyone agrees with me : I am who I say I am and will do what I set out to do.

I could break every bone in your body but that would take all the fun out of a real mental challenge, wouldn't it?

I could break every bone in your body but that would take all the fun out of a real mental challenge, wouldn't it?

How can I say this nicely, manuscriptx? Oh yeah, YOU ARE A DISTURBED PERSON WHO CANNOT TAKE A SINGLE BIT OF CRITICISM. INSTEAD YOU DECIDE THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE SHARP JABS AT OUR INTELLIGENCE, WHEN REALLY IT'S YOUR FAULT WE'RE CONFUSED. YOU COME TO THIS SITE WITH THE LONGING FOR CONFIRMATION. DON'T DENY IT! BUT WHEN YOU RECEIVE A TAD OF BAD NEWS, YOU GO AND CRY AND SCREAM A TEMPER-TANTRUM LIKE A FOUR-YEAR-OLD MIGHT. I AM TELLING YOU THIS: YOU THINK YOU RULE THE WORLD, AND THAT ALL YOU THINK AND EXPRESS IS ALL-POWERFUL. REALITY CHECK. IT'S NOT. NOW EITHER QUIT COMPLAINING OR LEAVE FOR GOOD. I'M SURE FEW WOULD MISS YOU. I WOULDN'T; THAT'S FOR DAMN SURE.

AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BREAK EVERY BONE IN MY BODY NOW, I WOULD BEGIN TO "GOOGLE" SOME USELESS THING LIKE THE TEMPERATURE IN AUSTRAILIA. YOU MIGHT FIND OUT SOMETHING THAT YOU NEED TO FIND ME.

If you have a family, I suggest you make sure your life insurance is paid.

You'd better too, because you are making more damn enemies than an international spy, and these people are twice as deadly...

p.s. I like Valkyrie's avatar; much better looking than your nameplate.

You'd better too, because you are making more damn enemies than an international spy, and these people are twice as deadly...

p.s. I like Valkyrie's avatar; much better looking than your nameplate.
Thank ye, Vespertilio. Wasn't planning on posting here anymore, as I'd rather gotten bored with it, but then I saw all this interesting discussion and the immature comments on the part of manuscriptx. I don't think anyone here has ever been that stupid before, and I doubt it will happen again. I still like to think the majority of the world is above that.

Stupidity

Stupidity lies with the people who go out of their way calling attention to it. They're just looking in the wrong direction when the mirror is right in front of them.

As for my writing style and content, as I said, once again, and will say it another time. My mission is not appraisal from the members of this website. My mission is not appraisal from the publishing industry, be them agents or publishing staff.

They along with you go by your own rules of what interests you, what garners your attention. I go by mine, so all's fair in love and war.

What people seem to miss ( by a nautical mile ) is the fact that I say along with everything else, my work will still be written regardless.

Although you people hoped it would, no, it's not enough for your criticism lame smart mouth comments to discourage me, I still write the manuscript, I still write the poems, and as I see, people still view them.

I suspect you people hate that. I suspect you people hate the fact that someone mentally stronger than you has chopped you people down to size, and called you out for what you really are.

Good.

One of the select few aspects about life that makes me smile.

Simplicity

The answer lies in why members read my work.

Members of this website have had ample time to read my opinions, thoughts and feelings. If no one has much to say then the only person who would appear as a numerical value under the indicator of members reading my work would be me,

that number would being 1.

Obviously that is not the case.

As for my writing style and content, as I said, once again, and will say it another time. My mission is not appraisal from the members of this website. My mission is not appraisal from the publishing industry, be them agents or publishing staff.

Then why do you post if you understand that we will not praise what you have written, for we do not understand it? Why waste the valuable space that can be used for something that our undereducated minds cannot comprehend? :rolleyes: :confused:

I suspect you people hate that. I suspect you people hate the fact that someone mentally stronger than you has chopped you people down to size, and called you out for what you really are.

Good.

One of the select few aspects about life that makes me smile.

Yes, because you have so torn us down, repeating that we are stupid monkeys banging coconuts on our keyboards...

And what we really are are people. If you call us out on that, then you have stated the obvious. again...

Wolf Larsen... Stewart, sometimes you crack me up. That made my entire evening. :cool:

Reading this entire thread, including the poem, is quite strenuous. And funny.

Back