• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Eye Of The Eye

The debate

This is a fascinating thread and if printed off and typeset I'm sure would make the beginnings of an excellent novel. I think that there is some merit to the initial poem posted here, not least because it has spawned a flurry of forum activity. If asked, honestly, would I like to read a whole poetry book full of similar work? - my answer would have to be no, because I think there is some sort of progression from loving the sound of a word, to deciding to use it, to juxtaposing it with another that makes you scratch your head and wonder. It's worth reading 'Four Quartets' by TS Eliot to get a sense of how seemingly random word-usage can be used brilliantly. I think you'd love it, Manuscriptx and I wish you luck in your future exploits!

Thank You.

There is by my count at least two people who get what it means to be a member of this message board. No I will not say who they are, but the content of their seperate messages are quite clear.

I don't need anyone to praise or criticize my work. I don't need anyone to even comment, much less read it.

The sound of each time I continuously repeat these phrases almost has a certain theme doesn't it? Sounds like I am keeping everyone at arm's length, because should someone ask or perhaps beg members for positive and constructive responses it invites the exact opposite.

I made the initial mistake first becomming a member here by being cordial and polite. The responses I recieved were disappointing to say the least, idiodic, mundane, inept, stupid, irrational, irritating and devoid of any constructive substance.

Never again.

Members need only read my work. However many of them, I will know in the numerical column. My silent appreciation will be there, not here in the form of commentary that is not never was, and never need be.

Actually, that would be kind of interesting in a whiny emo sort of way. :D

I still like "Our chains are green and made of paper." Although I still argue it looked better on the front of a one-dollar bill.

False Dilemma

I see laughing hyenas at their desk suffering from ‘technology of the eyes’, fearful to acknowledge the living truth.

Interesting.

" Life is just a requiem;
Sometimes beautiful,
But still so solemn. "

Behind every laughing hyena is a tearful jerk at reality,
best dealt with behind the anonymity of a computer user.

(They may use a good quote, but I can always think up one better.)

" Life is just a requiem;
Sometimes beautiful,
But still so solemn. "

Behind every laughing hyena is a tearful jerk at reality,
best dealt with behind the anonymity of a computer user.

(They may use a good quote, but I can always think up one better.)

This is not a game; you don't have to one-up me, and although this is none of your business, I made this quote in response to someone in my Geometry class, not because of you. It's my own idea, so keep out the "They."

Someone's a little irritated.

Good. I remember telling someone else not too long ago
that irritation builds character. My friend, I have more than
you could ever imagine, so keep your little attitude where it
belongs, in your pocket beacuse it isn't needed here.

( Not yet at least. )

Members need only read my work. However many of them, I will know in the numerical column.

You've fallen into a bit of a problem there. The numbers at the side aren't just views by members but are also inclusive of GoogleBots who spend the whole day browsing threads. They, like the many who accidentally click on your stuff and turn away in horror at the ineptitude, don't actually count as a silent fanbase.

Or, to make it simpler for you:

You have downward dropped within a predicament of your incorrect understanding. The digits indicative of post viewings are necessarily not by subscribers to this online web discussion portal site but stretches its huge electronic virtual brachia to internet information hunting automatons who are required for twenty fours hours to accumulate electronic wisdom. Akin to those homosapien creatures of the modern day that by misadventure venture into your showcase of scribbles and recoil in the utmost fright of a horrific nature of many degrees, these personages cannot be factored into the quiet majority that you count as your online following.

Preschool Stories

I am reminded of the famous pre-school story titled :

'The Little Engine That Could'

I am reminded because it's an example of a positive effort where if you try hard enough, you can make something happen. On the other hand, if you try too hard at doing something like explaination, or debunking, you look like a complete fool.

I trust we can all be good STEWART(ds) of good advice.

Back