• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fav chocolate/sweet thing?

Dove is Galaxy chocolate, i didn't realise this til now i wonder if it tastes the same.

Do you have Dove Ripples?

Ms. said:
Dove is Galaxy chocolate, i didn't realise this til now i wonder if it tastes the same.

Do you have Dove Ripples?

Are those the potato chip-like candies? There are Snicker and Oreo varieties too. To me, they're just odd. I've noticed that the Doves candies in the bag are better than the bars; they're richer and the texture is better.

No they are not but we do have the same sort of candy(they remind me of pringles in their shape and are produced by Cadbury).

Galaxy%20Ripple%20New.jpg

That's a galaxy ripple,the outside is slightly hard with the inside being rippled chocolate. I love the way the inside melts on your tongue oh lord i want one now. Dove is a range of soap here :S

Eat your heart out chocolate lovers. I was in Hershey, PA the last several days. The the air is filled with the smell of chocolate/cocoa in the area near the plant where they make chocolate. Drive a little ways down the street and the air is filled with the aroma of peanut butter and chocolate near the area where they make the Reese's Cups. It is a nice aroma and one that I enjoyed.

Ms. said:
I'd be envious if Hershey was half way decent but sadly their chocolate is lacking :p
It was the "aroma" that was so wonderful. How many people can walk or drive down the street and have the aroma of cocoa/chocolate all around them. :)

If you want great chocolate, Cocoa Mills has the best. It is a small chocolate shop that reminds you of the movie Chocolat and its chocolate has been voted the best. It is located not too far from where I live and it is by far the best that I have ever tasted. Check it out. http://www.cocoamill.com/

muggle said:
It was the "aroma" that was so wonderful. How many people can walk or drive down the street and have the aroma of cocoa/chocolate all around them. :)

If you want great chocolate, Cocoa Mills has the best. It is a small chocolate shop that reminds you of the movie Chocolat and its chocolate has been voted the best. It is located not too far from where I live and it is by far the best that I have ever tasted. Check it out. http://www.cocoamill.com/

Fair nuff,i used to live a 5 minute walk from the Cadbury factory but then i moved and it closed down <\3 (my neighbour used to bring us home sweets for she worked in it)

I've heard of cocoa mills but alas never had the apparent pleasure :(

I never met a chocolate bar that I didn't like ;)

My fave sweet thang is Spanish ( Valor for preference ) hot chocolate. It's so rich and thick! There is nothing to compare to it here and in the US ( as far as I know ) so last time I went Spain I got 8 packets to bring back with me to the UK :D

We're well stocked for trick or treaters tomorrow night. We have two sets of new neighbors with kids, so maybe we'll have a grand total of 6..We've never had more than 4-6 in the 11 years we've lived here. So we buy the stuff we like in ample quantities and enjoy the "leftovers."

abecedarian,
My strategy too.

In today's world, most parents option for a party rather than trust strangers. I don't blame them a bit.

Aged said:
In today's world, most parents option for a party rather than trust strangers. I don't blame them a bit.

Really? I bet I see close to fifty kids tomorrow. I've got a few low income areas near me, so everyone sends their kids to trick or treat in the "rich" (ie lower middle class) neighborhood. I've got two bags of Reeces, two of Snickers and a big one of Willy Wonka. The extras will go with me to work for my co-workers to purge on.

mehastings said:
Really? I bet I see close to fifty kids tomorrow. I've got a few low income areas near me, so everyone sends their kids to trick or treat in the "rich" (ie lower middle class) neighborhood. I've got two bags of Reeces, two of Snickers and a big one of Willy Wonka. The extras will go with me to work for my co-workers to purge on.
What, no M&M's. :) We have 1 bag of Snickers and 1 bag of M&M's. We always buy the kind that we like as we usually have leftovers which I eat, my spouse only eats dark chocolate. :)

Back